MiniTorque.com banner

Lersy's R56 Red Ranger

39K views 238 replies 45 participants last post by  Lersy 
#1 ·
Finally getting round to starting a thread for the red ranger.
You all know this car as Sam's, he made an epic job on it and it has not wanted for anything and has been well looked after.
I've been pretty busy this summer parting out the 53 and putting it back to standard.
So far I haven't done much to it, apart from replaced all sensors,plugs, coil packs and fitted a system and strut brace.
v

I have some future plans, but does not need much to be honest,
First will install a meth kit and secondly will purchase a second set of wheels.
I have been looking at these, but it's not looking to promising with the bbk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Jan 2008 Mini Cooper S
Jcw tuning kit
Jcw body kit
Jcw Recaro CS leather & Alacantra seats
Yellow speed 330x32mm bbk front brake kit
Meister r coilovers
Oz leggenda 17x7 black wheels with 215/40/17 Yokohama ad08r
Stud kit
Forged rods & Pistons
Jcw turbo
Peugeot turbo heat shield
Aem intake
Aem strut brace
Manic map with bbq on sport mode
Evolve Decat
Evolve front intercooler
Jcw exhaust

Ice
Alpine178bt head unit in secret compartment
Alpine in line amp
Alpine 60c front 6.5"
Hertz 4" coax
Alpine type r rear 6x9
Alpine remote

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks mate, I might order one to see if it fits, but supplier is a bit optimistic.

They are 17x 7.5 et42 and will go with 215/45/17 ad08's for the chunky look.

#17 ·
You did a good job with your R53 bud, I am looking forward to what you have planned and what can be achieved. Also know Sam took care looking after it... its gonna be epic... Big turbo upgrade? :p

#20 ·
At the moment it's not something I'm looking at, but who knows....I haven't done any research into bigger turbo's yet, would it be a case of bolting on & remapping or is it more involved?
I would defiantly like to get it around 300, so whether that's different cam's, or bigger valves or bigger turbo, it will be something I will be probably looking at next summer.

#21 ·
I'm only messing about but you certainly have a good base with that engine now.

There are a few options, meth, cams, and the map tweaked would probably see it close to 300 if not slightly over I'd like to think but the turbo would be the limiting factor at that point.
With the turbo you could go hybrid from someone like Owens for example and it would be a similar setup to how Joe had Rxy when it made 313bhp... I think it was. Or you could go for a bigger turbo which would require the above with regards to the map etc, you'd also want a boost controller, and you could either have an adaptor plate so a different turbo could bolt to the original manifold or you could have a custom manifold and DP made which is what Josh at SRR has just done for his car.
I'm no expert but I think that's the rough mist of things. Someone will correct me or add to it if I'm wrong. If I'd kept the car I think that's the inevitable route I'd have gone down.

#29 ·
Those new wheels will look epic. Hurry up & buy them, then sell me the Leggendas :laugh:

Love this car, was what ultimately got me into an R56 if im entirely honest.

Re: your headunit, how the hell did you get it in there, & what wires etc are you using to get it working in the car? My standard one is guff, so could be a potential upgrade for me. Also, how come no oil catch cans, would have thought they'd be fitted with all the money spent on forging etc!!

#30 ·
Thanks Mate, wheels are not happening at the moment, sent brake spec drawings to the manufacturer and they dismissed, so I asked the supplier to send me one rim(obviously payed for)and if it didn't fit I would return and would pay postage, but there not having it. so cba for now.

head unit- I bought a secret compartment from bms, wired hu yellow constant live from battery and red ignition live from heater, although I recommend connecting to cigarette lighter for this.
took the speaker block out of the oem connector and connected via iso connector and plugged oem connector in oem hu so I still have the display on speedo. job done I now have usb & Bluetooth phone, it does sound awesome now with speakers and inline amp. I can help you with this if you go down this route.
regarding catch cans, I was looking at them, but I have decided to add meth to combat carbon, Ive had the inlet manifold off and all clean so far in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.