MiniTorque.com banner
121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 · (Edited)
Update :

I’ve been looking for seats for as long as I can remember. I could never decide between OEM, fixed buckets or reclining buckets. I originally wanted JCW Sparco’s but was told they were uncomfortable.

I was browsing the over week and came across some GP1 Recaro’s from a lower mileage GP. So I went to go and look and ended up coming home with them.

I also purchased a retrofit heated seat wiring loom and as I already had the seat switches when I broke my other one.

I’ve been wanting to get rid of the rear seats for a while now. I never use them and have been looking at ideas. I’d seen people making seat deletes out of mdf and carpet but I wanted that OEM look. I came across a genuine GP1 seat delete. I know they are a lot of money but they fit just right and I’m sure I can get my money back further down the line.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 · (Edited)
Update :

The seller of the GP1 seats also had a car he was trying to sell but if he couldn’t they were going to break for parts. I mentioned there were a few bits I’d be interested in and was contacted a week later to say they were for sale.

I took a drive to see him. He fitted my a heated seat wiring loom that is purchased off him a few weeks before and also fitted these parts too.

JCW carbon handbrake grip with RHD logo.

JCW carbon centre steering wheel insert.

JCW shift light.

JCW carbon cup holders.

Also had my facelift headlights finally fitted, before..

After.

Can’t believe I didn’t have them fitted sooner. It completely changes the whole look of the car.
Last was a Stant radiator cap as my cap was forcing the coolant out of the overflow.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Update :

I have fitted a Samco coolant overflow hose as I still had still coolant drips on my expansion tank which was becoming increasingly annoying.

Then me and my friend fitted the GP1 Recaro seats.

Finally we fitted the GP1 rear seat delete. It did involve drilling 5 holes in each rear quarter panel and taking the rear speakers out. The rest of the delete kit just clipped, bolted and screwed into place. Love the look of the interior now and it’s really coming together.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Update :

I haven’t updated this for a while

February I headed back to 1320 Mini for some more work;

Fit Scorpion resonated cat back
Fit Eibach lower rear control arms
Fit GP 23k miles supercharger
Fit 63mm throttle body
Supply and fit TPE charge pipe

My car was running 221bhp so it was interesting to see if the supercharger, throttle body and TPE pipe would make a difference.

After 3 dyno runs it had improved by 16bhp, however on the 4th run the throttle body let go and they had to put the standard one back on.

After a few more runs it made 12bhp for TPE and GP charger so total was 233bhp.

I was disappointed with the throttle body but I’m sure I can find another one that is more reliable.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts