MiniTorque.com banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #106 (Edited)
Update:

Got a few jobs done today. Managed to get hold of a genuine JCW carbon fibre bonnet scoop in really good condition.

Also fitted some R53 owners club decals

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #107 (Edited)
Update :

I’ve been gathering parts for a while and decided it was time to fit them. I’ve wanted to add another colour to my car as it’s always been dark silver and black with a hint of yellow that was on my callipers. I looked through old Performance Mini magazines for some ideas. I decided on red as my re-trimmed interior pieces have red stitching plus the 3D S on the side scuttles.

My mirror caps went off to my painter and were painted chilli red (851)

I changed the Airtec decal on my intercooler to red.

Red anodised oil cap.

Fitted some red 3D printed R53 Owners Club washer bottle and headlight washer caps.

Changed my R53 Owners Club sticker to a red one, added a Orranje sticker and painted my callipers red.

Lastly I fitted 11mm hubcentric spacers all round. Looks so much better and more aggressive.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I don't normally like red trim (in fact I've removed it from both of my cars) but I think it looks good on your car.

The wheels look better for that extra offset.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
I don't normally like red trim (in fact I've removed it from both of my cars) but I think it looks good on your car.

The wheels look better for that extra offset.
It’s surprising what that 11mm has done. I have seen red trim on other dark silver cars and thought it looked good. Just a splash but not too much. I’ve got more red bits for the engine bay and the interior that’s it for the outside.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts