MiniTorque.com banner
101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 · (Edited)
Update :

I’ve been gathering parts for a while and decided it was time to fit them. I’ve wanted to add another colour to my car as it’s always been dark silver and black with a hint of yellow that was on my callipers. I looked through old Performance Mini magazines for some ideas. I decided on red as my re-trimmed interior pieces have red stitching plus the 3D S on the side scuttles.

My mirror caps went off to my painter and were painted chilli red (851)

I changed the Airtec decal on my intercooler to red.

Red anodised oil cap.

Fitted some red 3D printed R53 Owners Club washer bottle and headlight washer caps.

Changed my R53 Owners Club sticker to a red one, added a Orranje sticker and painted my callipers red.

Lastly I fitted 11mm hubcentric spacers all round. Looks so much better and more aggressive.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
I don't normally like red trim (in fact I've removed it from both of my cars) but I think it looks good on your car.

The wheels look better for that extra offset.
It’s surprising what that 11mm has done. I have seen red trim on other dark silver cars and thought it looked good. Just a splash but not too much. I’ve got more red bits for the engine bay and the interior that’s it for the outside.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Update :

My discs and pads needed to be changed a while ago but as I haven’t driven it too much, I’ve put it off. Last week the pads started grinding and gouging the rear disc.
I was recommended AUTODOC by a few members in the R53 owners club and that the Brembo Max Line discs were good for what I use my car for. I kept checking my app each day as AUTODOC has daily deals.
It was worth waiting 3 days as it reached 29% off. I ordered all 4 discs and pads. The discs do look a lot nicer. Haven’t had a chance to test the pads properly but there is no more grinding

·
Registered
2005 R52 One Convertible (The Smoker)
924 Posts
Really like where you've got this to mate, well done for sticking by it and not binning it when it blew up too.....like to think I'd do the same with mine if it ever happened...but I dont know for sure....mines not treated me that well of late so has got some making up to do 😂

Tell u what might look pretty good.....a matching red roof wrap. Is a bit of an OEM+ JCW thing, reckon it'd go well....and you could always revert down the line if you wanted to 👍

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Really like where you've got this to mate, well done for sticking by it and not binning it when it blew up too.....like to think I'd do the same with mine if it ever happened...but I dont know for sure....mines not treated me that well of late so has got some making up to do

Tell u what might look pretty good.....a matching red roof wrap. Is a bit of an OEM+ JCW thing, reckon it'd go well....and you could always revert down the line if you wanted to
Thank you very much for your reply mate. It’s nice to see others reading through your thread and giving their opinions. I was only driving the car 2,000 miles a year and each year at my MOT I would get the oil changed so never knew it was having an internal issue whatever. I knew if I got rid I would regret it and luckily I had some savings.
The red roof is a good idea and one I haven’t thought of doing but as you say easily reversible. A lot of times this car has tested my patience but to be honest it’s just been wear and tear items that for a car of this age I get. It’s just when things keep going wrong is when it gets you down a bit. I’m glad I stuck with it as it puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it.

·
Registered
2005 R52 One Convertible (The Smoker)
924 Posts
Thank you very much for your reply mate. It’s nice to see others reading through your thread and giving their opinions. I was only driving the car 2,000 miles a year and each year at my MOT I would get the oil changed so never knew it was having an internal issue whatever. I knew if I got rid I would regret it and luckily I had some savings.
The red roof is a good idea and one I haven’t thought of doing but as you say easily reversible. A lot of times this car has tested my patience but to be honest it’s just been wear and tear items that for a car of this age I get. It’s just when things keep going wrong is when it gets you down a bit. I’m glad I stuck with it as it puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it.
No worries mate most welcome, I'm much the same to be honest....mines just an A to B runaround/bit of fun so doesn't do a lot of miles a year and I figure its just as well given its proclivity to break/not run right 🤣🤣

Am hoping when I get mine back I can run it for a good while without it burning me as is gotten pretty annoying (as has my wifes attitude towards all the recent spending 🤣)

Definitely give the red roof a go at some point, think it'll just finish it off 👍👍

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 · (Edited)
I haven’t updated this in such a long time. The Mini was taken off the road from October until the end of February. I have been fortunate to be given a cheap runaround where I won’t mind if it gets the odd ding/scratch. So for the winter months, I decided to SORN the Mini. Since it has been back on the road, I have purchased a few parts.

I purchased and fitted a GTT strut brace.

I have also bought some new wheels and tyres.
Stuttgart SF1 flow forged wheels 17 x 8j et 35. Michelin Pilot Sport 4 - 215/40/17

They are a much more aggressive fitment which I wasn’t too sure on to start with but I love them now.

Finally got my rear windows tinted. I should’ve got this done years ago.

I have a trip booked to 1320 at the end of this month for much bigger changes. I can’t wait.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 · (Edited)
Update :

Dropped the car off at 1320 for an extensive list of work.
Power coat subframes, rear trailing arms, engine mounts, intercooler horns and inlets
Bosch 550cc injectors, catcams 461 camshaft and byteronik remap
Scorpion 4-2-1 manifold and sports cat
Canton Racing expansion and power steering tanks
AEM AFR gauge
MK 3 Megane RS Brembo callipers, GP2 330mm discs, Mintek pads, HEL braided lines
Samco Sport coolant hose kit
Passenger window motor and actuator
GP style dials
Fit powder coated intercooler clamps, red snoot boots and red bolts

It ended up being there for 11 weeks as I added bits to the list and then had to source the parts.
As always they did a fantastic job. The car went from 199bhp to 221bhp.

I do love going there and will 100% be back.

101 - 120 of 130 Posts