4,645 Posts
nicest alternative lights those imo

Reactions: PLawrence1584

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #91 (Edited)
Update :

The rear lights arrived and they look great.

With the early nights drawing in and my work finishing times I’ve had to wait until my day off to install them. The drivers side light went on no problem. I didn’t have a ratchet so it took a while to tighten the bolt, due to lack of space. Only tightening 1/2 a turn each time.
The passenger light was a bit more fiddly to do, a lot more wiring in the way plus the fact the bolt threads are a lot shorter than the OEM lights. As I was tightening the bolt, it snapped.

I now have one of each rear light until I hear back from the company if they will replace it. Frustrating.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Swapping rear lights on an R53 is so much easier with a rachet spanner, I bought one just for that job. :)
I don’t have many of my own tools buddy. The guy who lent me his tools for the job had a ratchet spanner but the only socket that was broke was a 10mm I used a long bar instead. I need to look at buying a ratchet spanner.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Update :

PowerfulUK, the company that sells the lights have offered to replace the snapped bolt so new one should arrive Wednesday =)

81 - 100 of 106 Posts