MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Mike, i really apreciate your information, no matter if they are irrelevant to the R50 engine subject. It would be better if we could see the injector duty cycle with normal pump gas, as very few people run E85 fuel.

About the R50 larger injectors which we are talking about here, what is your opinion?

Cheers,
Nick

Just thought i'd share some interesting logging data on my R53.

Nick, you will be able to get all these logging info with your R50 with the Tuning Kit, and see the duty-cycles of your injectors during WOT. Sorry to thread-jack just for a brief moment.
===========
I was getting on the freeway today so i logged the 06 MCS running E85, here are the results (car is only putting down 227whp on a dynojet with Bosch OE 550s and MegaMINI cam running E85 fuel).

Note the "1st shaded yellow area", at one point, these 550s are maxxed out in 2nd gear at 7125rpm, duty-cycle was at 100%.

Note the "2nd shaded green area", the injector duty was at 83% in 3rd gear at 6500rpm.

So yeah, the 550s may sound like they are big injectors, the above data clearly indicate that they are getting maxxed out. So yeah, we will likely have to go even BIGGER than the 550s on the injectors in order for us to make more safer power on E85.

We don't force or push hard for anybody to buy anything they do not want to buy. Like i stated in my signature, i'm only here to present the FACTs... people can make up their own minds... if you have facts to share, please don't hesitate to do so :thumbup: Cheers!

·
Southern Comfort
269 Posts
Mike, i really apreciate your information, no matter if they are irrelevant to the R50 engine subject. It would be better if we could see the injector duty cycle with normal pump gas, as very few people run E85 fuel.

About the R50 larger injectors which we are talking about here, what is your opinion?

Cheers,
Nick
Agree, I'd like to see the very same data on gas.

Doesn't E85 require much larger injectors to run correctly than the same thing on gas?

·
Registered
93 Posts
550s on Pump 91 octane & RMW 440s on 91 Octane

With 91 Octane at 206WHP, my 06 MCS with the same mods is at 72% - 74% with the Bosch OE 550s. There are a lot of guys here in US running FA and the 550s, i will have them post up their findings and logs as well. I'm doing long-term testing on E85 with my car so it will be another month before i switch back to 91 pump.

Last weekend there was a customer dyno'ing his MINI with 17% with RMW 440 and RMW tune. It made 186whp on the same Dynojet (and it made 216 Hub-HP at Church's Dynapack; so our estimate of 17%~18% HP difference between Dynapack and Dynojet seems to hold true also) and we logged it using FA. At that power level, those injectors were at 84% duty-cycle and the AFR was 11.2 ~ 11.5 measured from the tailpipe (customer didn't have the Innovate in-car unit).

Note: Different dyno reads differently. The above numbers are for reference purpose only so don't take it out of context. I'm simply sharing our findings...

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Mike, do you mind if a moderator moved your usefull posts to another thread regarding the 550s capabilities?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nick, sorry about that... i'm going to start anther Thread called R53 Injector Specs and Testing results and have the Mods move these over :D

·
Southern Comfort
269 Posts
With 91 Octane at 206WHP, my 06 MCS with the same mods is at 72% - 74% with the Bosch OE 550s. There are a lot of guys here in US running FA and the 550s, i will have them post up their findings and logs as well. I'm doing long-term testing on E85 with my car so it will be another month before i switch back to 91 pump.

Last weekend there was a customer dyno'ing his MINI with 17% with RMW 440 and RMW tune. It made 186whp on the same Dynojet (and it made 216 Hub-HP at Church's Dynapack; so our estimate of 17%~18% HP difference between Dynapack and Dynojet seems to hold true also) and we logged it using FA. At that power level, those injectors were at 84% duty-cycle and the AFR was 11.2 ~ 11.5 measured from the tailpipe (customer didn't have the Innovate in-car unit).

Note: Different dyno reads differently. The above numbers are for reference purpose only so don't take it out of context. I'm simply sharing our findings...

What RMW and 440 injectors had to do with this conversation, I don't know...

My apologies to the OP for getting off topic.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts