MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I finally got round to replacing my suspension (factory ‘sports suspension’) with Koni Actice shocks and Eibach springs after buying them 6 months ago.

I’m an idiot for not doing it sooner. Sooooo much smoother drive. Car is dropped to a nice level and I may need to remove the front plastic ‘under bumper splitter thingy’

Ride is much better and feels much more expensive, almost buttery smooth. It’s no limousine but smaller imperfections in the road are dealt with without it upsetting the car.
Corners flatter too.

Will take a pic once I’ve washed the car.

J

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
they'd be quite nice with Swift springs I expect on a road car. Good tyres in a 215/45 with a fat rear antiroll bar and R56S brakes would help it feel planted if with some negative camber top mounts, and some rear adjustment.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tbh the Eibach springs are seeming softer than the sports spring on the car before.
Or....there is actually some decent damping that takes the hard edge off the spring.
Definitely much more supple.
This is on a R56 btw.
Tyres are 215/45-17s

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
it'll be a bit of both won't it, not too sure on the Lohen description, link to Koni fwiw: KONI | ACTIVE Technology

It'd be interesting to try it and see what it feels like, do you know the rate of the Eibach's? Swift are 4.5 or 5.5kg/mm (28/25mm drop).

ok brakes not an issue, good call on tyres ;O) Should have been standard spec those, fill the arches way better. If sticky they're great, as are 225/45

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've had the Koni FSD + Eibach on mine for a few years. Ride and handling is how it should have been from the factory...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts