MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I seem to have a 'putt putt putt putt' type noise coming from what sounds like the top of the engine on my mcs at both cold and hot idle.

I recently had inspection 1 at BMW where all the nessecary was carried out including an oil change. . . However, soon after inspection 1 my power steering failed and my dad drove the car up to 1320 for me who kindly pointed out that the car was basically out of oil, which was worrying :/
They noted that the engine sounded a little rattly but nothing to be worried about.

Annyoingly this is one of those noises i've only begun to worry about since other people at work have pointed it out. Also i didn't pick up on it before it was pointed out.
Car idles and runs sweetly and normally and there is no sign of smoke from the exhuaust.. should i be worried??
The loss of oil can be explained as there appears to be a leak under the car which 1320 pointed out, and i will be having that sorted at somepoint in the near future.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Inspection 1 = all the necessary
But you had an oil leak to the point of no/ low oil ?
Yer i know, makes me wonder what they were actually looking at!
I'll try get a vid over the weekend. trouble is i have no time to get the car up to 1320 (i live dahhhn saaafff) and i don't have the money for a new engine should it be required.
It's my FIAT days all over again :(

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
We only open Saturday mornings over the weekend I'm afraid (08-00-13-00). Just give us a call and bring the car in and we can check it over why you wait for the results.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Resolved....
turns out the spark plugs need to be tightened up and then it runs like a sewing machine.
thanks whoever did the last spark plug service!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts