MiniTorque.com banner

1261 - 1280 of 1306 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Yeah but a grand a year just for tyres at least + extra petrol costs + insurance costs, just don't see it being a smart move for a car you'd buy for a year.

·
Bugger
25,314 Posts
Yeah but a grand a year just for tyres at least + extra petrol costs + insurance costs, just don't see it being a smart move for a car you'd buy for a year.
when has running a performance car been a smart move, we do it because we love it

·
Premium Member
16,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,266
Yeah I'd imagine around £1k loss but probably a bit less, depends on whether you sell privately etc, they are really rapid and masses of torque, why not test drive one just to see if it suits?
Test drive is indeed needed. Need to decide if I could live with the interior even before handling etc becomes an issue..

Where are you gonna find the extra £2k if something goes wrong? :p
That is also a concern. It is also what is troubling me slightly about the 330i - some people say they are great for doing sky high miles and others say they are fraught with issues or at least a hatfull of niggles every five minutes....

socket set + Bentley manual solver of all problems, ive not paid anyone to work on any of minis in the last three years, happy days and DIY is fun
Ive already got a hammer = sorted :thumbup: :lol:

·
Bugger
25,314 Posts
it still dosent make me want one Dave, even though there both slower, id still rather have the bmw or the cockster, end of the day one is a brand snob and mazda is just too junior management for me

·
Premium Member
16,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,269
it still dosent make me want one Dave, even though there both slower, id still rather have the bmw or the cockster, end of the day one is a brand snob and mazda is just too junior management for me
i too am a brand snob - cant bring myself to go close to a vauxhall :lol: - but the mazda is still appealing due to the mad pace/power it has... it does look dull (even perhaps a bit too stealth, so just dull) but the pace would be so much fun :lol:

I would be quite happy driving the bmw right up until the niggles started - and thats whats making me now hesistant over getting one... ::getcoat:: the mazda should be pretty tough in comparison...

·
Premium Member
16,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,277
Good to see the old girl around, nice mods too by the sound of it :thumbup1:

What you doing up there Dave? Some stealth mods????
Just dropping off the seats :) no stealth mods for me now... Perhaps a tune at some point but otherwise thats it...

1261 - 1280 of 1306 Posts