MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 40 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
What is wrong with people and deliberately damaging minis! mine got done in january! keyed straight across my bonnet & foot print marks! piss take

·
Super Moderator
14,679 Posts
Gahhh, won't even polish out if it's that deep :sad: My car was spat on last night while parked outside a friend's house. Nice estate too :sad:

I wanted to ask what the cost was in smoothing your aerial over, as I've been meaning to do the same. Did they have to repaint the whole roof, and how did/did you relocate your aerial elsewhere? I'm wanting to get a tiny aerial that can either function in-situ in the roof, or a flat one that sticks to the window.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I had the ariel done when it was painted the first time it was keyed so I can't say a cost for just that bit. Welded a small plate over the back of the hole and fillered it. I dont have a radio but I hear you can use the heater element on the back window but I dont know how.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Anyone got pics of facelift lights joey modded and cc'd in body colour?
Mine are joey'd body colour but I really want the rings ccing. I'm going to tint the lenses light with some lamin-x. Would it look gash? Should I do the middles black if I do the rings blue?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I swear it was on here. Don't facelift cars have a signal amplifier and also use the element for a bit extra boost?
I remember my dads old T reg A6 used the rear heater. Surely you can live without the radio lol :p

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Some freshly powdercoated R56 control arms. Done for free (say hells yeah!)

They are from a complete 60 plate R56 rear axel I got from fleabay for £77 quid! Had to drive a whole 8 miles to pick it up too...

Plan is

Get the main beam powdercoated
Poly bush control arm
Use alloy trailing arms (duh)
Poly bush trailing arm front bushes
Use the R56 brakes
Uprated ARB (prolly whiteline)
Adjustable end links
Use my SPC arms

:)

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
Yeah but buy bad, buy twice & all that. Has it sheared at the thread? do you have a threaded piece inside still? if that makes sense.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
They aren't broken. Its a standard drop link that I've hacksawed the ends off.
I've cut a left hand thread on one, a right hand on the other and a turnbuckle goes in the middle.

Cost 1 pair of OEM links and £11.

If they survive then bargain. If not then I'll try something else. :)

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Karl I was going to give that a go. You can get Turnbuckle linkages from Mcgillmotorsport if you haven't got them already.
What diameter is the standard centre bit. I think most aftermarket ones are M10.
Let me know if they stand the test.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Karl I was going to give that a go. You can get Turnbuckle linkages from Mcgillmotorsport if you haven't got them already.
What diameter is the standard centre bit. I think most aftermarket ones are M10.
Let me know if they stand the test.

^ There is one done now.

The middle of the OE drop links is bang on 8mm so ended up with a M8x1.25 thread.

That is where my concern lies with these though. As you say, aftermarket ones are M10 - so a bit beefier. I can only try and see if they bend I guess.

And yeah that is where I have got my turnbuckles from.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Excellent. Thanks for the pic. Inovative solution. I think the after markets are designed to be stiffer to reduce flex. The centre being thicker will obviously do this even at M8. These will be weakest at the junction, so if the were as only as strong as stock it should be ok.
Like you say just try and see.

21 - 40 of 203 Posts