MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I've been running a JMTC S42 turbo for almost a year now and the internal gate decided to start rattling and flopping around everywhere, and its given me nothing but issues. I've been thinking of a few solutions and want your advice
Idea 1) Buy a replacement hot side housing. This would be done by either buying from JMTC, buying an ebay k03 and take the housing off, find a stock turbo and take the housing from it and continue running it like that
Idea 2) Scrap the turbo and change to a different one, Borgwarner Airwerks 41mm or Turbosystems are what I'm thinking of. After this experience though I'll probably swap to the Airwerks since its of OE quality
If you have any other ideas, input on the brands, or anything I'd love to hear them! I would also love to hear some input from long-term ownership of certain hybrid turbo owners, I track my car pretty often and I've only had one full day where this turbo hasn't given me any issues and I want to swap to a more reliable setup.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Give Lorenzo at RPM a call or instagram message. He is super helpful and sparing with his time and advice on tuning. Their R400 turbo kit utilises the TTE400 turbo i believe with good results and reliability. They also do some incredible all billet parts designed and built by themselves with proper R&D behind it to prove they work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen the r400 kit around on instagram and I'm actually tuned by RPM, but I'd rather stay hybrid turbo since I'm on stock internals

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm using the TheTurboEngineers TTE3XX hybrid, you also have the Owen Developments, Mamba etc... Just do a search and you'll find lots of options.

Maybe get your old turbo to hybrid and specs you want from a local turbo shop.

Just all depends how much you want the turbo to make and spend without your engine blowing or wallet extremely lighter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts