MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,546 Posts
I had this exact issue (the sticking pads) with my 304mm K Sport BBK. And I'm still waiting for the new hardware...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
For anyone who comes across this same issue.
An official reply was it is what it is and function isn’t effected. I’m in the trade and tbh I wouldn’t be happy running it the way it initially sat. I ground down the locating edge and managed to get them to fit fairly flush.
Just be aware if you buy this kit of similar id advise you to do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Bit ridiculous on their part that you have to modify the brake pads to fit, they really should rectify that on future kits by aligning them better to a pad design.

God on you for getting them to fit and for also sharing to help others out 👍🏽

·
Registered
151 Posts
For anyone who comes across this same issue.
An official reply was it is what it is and function isn’t effected. I’m in the trade and tbh I wouldn’t be happy running it the way it initially sat. I ground down the locating edge and managed to get them to fit fairly flush.
Just be aware if you buy this kit of similar id advise you to do the same.

Nice one, yeah pretty poor on K-Sports behalf!

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,758 Posts
I’d be sending the lot back as not of acceptable quality, or fit for purpose.
it’s not as if you have cobbled together bits and bobs cross-platform from several sources.
you have purchased a “kit” that should be suitable out of the box.

if they are that happy with that quality I’d make every effort to get as many pictures up on social media as possible to “share their wonderful product“ with the wider world.

i know what you have done is a good work around for you, but if you suffer any further quality issues then expect even less help from suppliers or manufacturers “as you have modified their parts”
So any braking issues are also now on you from a liability point of view, if they cannot quality control their own shit, what chance have they got after you have modified components.

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,758 Posts
This might seem like I’m overreacting but to give it some context I have made additional adjustments on my own brackets to get a much closer tolerance on a one-off installation using Bmw M-sport calipers
(gp2 copy)

Ist image 3D printed prototype

so despite measure twice cut once, I had nearly the thickness of a washer of spare pad material after trial installation, so these were further modified, as not quite acceptable in my opinion.

final installation below prior to new paint, and yes it works 👍
So if a bloke from the shires with no engineering experience can sort it for a one off installation I’m sure it’s possible for a multinational company to resolve it, for multiple kits especially as it’s a safety critical application.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,652 Posts
I sometimes have to give the pads on my brembos a tickle to make sure they don't bind up if that makes you feel any better

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,546 Posts
Bit ridiculous on their part that you have to modify the brake pads to fit, they really should rectify that on future kits by aligning them better to a pad design.

God on you for getting them to fit and for also sharing to help others out 👍🏽
I am going to have to file down the edges of the new Carbotech pads for my K Sport BBK; I also had to finesse (ie slightly widen the bolt holes) on the replacement Reyland Motorsport floating discs to fit the K Sport bells.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts