MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have them fitted?
I’ve gone to fit mine today and there seems to be a issue with pads no sitting completely on the disc face.
I shall try and attach photos of my issue.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,758 Posts
Looks like they need a 335 mm disc?

is there clearence in the throat for a bigger disc?

do-your wheels clear the calipers ok ?

of course wrong pads is also an option, but bigger discs would always be a better solution...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s supposed to be off the shelf kit.
Discs are bang on 330mm thinking maybe the callipers are too large.
Fit behind my 7.5j wheels fine.
Or possibly I’ve been sent the incorrect adapters ????

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m waiting on a reply from them.
Just seeing if anyone else has them fitted to compare

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
I have them but no pics that reveal this, if I can get to the car tomorrow I'll try to see if it looks like that, pretty sure it doesn't but they're just thrown on by someone else and I haven't checked them yet

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
you want some? I 'might' be selling these, never even had fluid in them, will come with RS29's, still be close to new money though
eedcd6ccdafae68d66e8a0a7b482a530.jpg IMG-20180407-WA0003.jpg 2e0d7642db1ee77baea3dea01f498eb5.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where did you get them from if you don't mind me asking?
Orranje mate I’ve been Googling this afternoon and on other installs not specific to mini it looks like a common issue I’m having and the fix is grinding the pad backing down 4-5mm in order to get them more central on the discs so bare that in mind if your looking for a set.
I’ll report back with a review when bled and bedded in.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
This is the only picture I can find of my old ones, the pad looks a bit proud but they are well worn and I don’t recall seeing any grinding of pads. Make sure that the pads move freely and check them regularly as both inside edges of where the pads sit had corroded causing pads to stick and ruin the discs.
82D039C0-005C-4A58-B653-10ADA1422851.jpeg
7B5083B4-506D-432F-A204-6822A348BE2C.jpeg
5F259F14-F1E4-4A0F-9E1A-D992CAD9A8AB.jpeg

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
plate lift is something common to Porsche too, my 968 had it slightly many years back, pig to get the retaining bolts out but managed without breakage, these will go the same way if going without regular attention

·
Registered
46 Posts
Very common with ksport kits. They use a Ap racing pad pattern rather then designing their own and the pad never sits deep enough and need 5mm ground off the locating lobe. I’ve fitted a lot of these over the years on customers m3’s and they all have this issue. Personally I would steer clear. The components of the kit are very cheaply made etc

·
Resident Gobshite
4,170 Posts
If you haven’t spent the money yet, I’d opt for Yellowspeed. They also use an AP pad design but atleast they correctly designed their callipers to use the pads without issue.

EDIT: Also, oli at Oranje was great help at getting some carbotech pads sorted out for me. Made a great set of brakes (on shite pads) an epic setup. Carbotech also advised what to run on the rear for the best balance.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ah this isn’t great to read, ordered my 330mm kit on Black Friday but on a 12 week lead time for the fixed disc option.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Very common with ksport kits. They use a Ap racing pad pattern rather then designing their own and the pad never sits deep enough and need 5mm ground off the locating lobe. I’ve fitted a lot of these over the years on customers m3’s and they all have this issue. Personally I would steer clear. The components of the kit are very cheaply made etc
Where is this locating lobe? Do you have any pictures? I’m thinking about forwarding to K sport. Thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts