MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
EB MCS
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just fitted my aerokit rear bumper but i have a few questions to ask:

1, The bumper seems to be just touching the exhausts, i am running a miltek system. Has anyone had this problem?

2, The bottom of the bumper seems to flex alot as the bottom lower mount is not used by the aero bumper. Has anyone fitted a bracket to secure it, if so where did you get it from?

Thanks

Carl

·
Bugger
25,320 Posts
yep both are normal i have aero millteck on my S and it rubs some do the flex is down to a bolt being missing that the dealers never supply i think, my fitting guys are ex bmw so i hope to have a fix for you next week as there looking into mine to see how much they can adjust the milly

·
EB MCS
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that information.
Has your miltek ever melted a bit of your bumper?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I took a file to the mount in the middle because the bumper was vibrating against it, which has stopped that but yes the milltek does just touch the bumper.

·
Bugger
25,320 Posts
Thanks for that information.
Has your miltek ever melted a bit of your bumper?
not sure yet as the aero as only been on for just over a week, will have a look when i get it off to adjust it but it vibrates like hell when its hot

·
Premium Member
16,481 Posts
yep both are normal i have aero millteck on my S and it rubs some do the flex is down to a bolt being missing that the dealers never supply i think, my fitting guys are ex bmw so i hope to have a fix for you next week as there looking into mine to see how much they can adjust the milly
Interesting stuff - Ive notice mine moves a fair amount, if there is a fix for it Im interested :thumbup1:

·
Bugger
25,320 Posts
they reckon its a case of bmw being lazy and not fitting a certain bolt but also the fact that the exhausts all hang different, this fix may involve a large pry bar ;) i think we can come up with a non violent fix though

·
Registered
51 Posts
sorry to revive, but the Aero does use the centre rear bracket. It requires an additional £4 bracket piece from BMW to fit the aero bumper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts