MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone! Glad to become part of the community, looking forward to discussing the progression of my car with all of you..

Initially I am looking for your expert advise on some things. I have just bought (or put a deposit on I should say) on an immaculate 2006 MCS with 39k miles on the clock

I have attached some pictures, please ignore the poor plate hiding:

I am hoping to pick it up this later week.

Before I get it on the road I'm keen to put a set of AP Coilovers straight on to, firstly lower the car, and then improve handling, here are the coilovers I am considering to keep the price down - (http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfor...n-coilover-kit). To go along with these I will be adding a set of Speedline Turini 17" x 7", and of of course a new mesh grill for a sportier look.

My next mods when I have some more cash available will be more performance based, thinking of taking the Mini to 1320 for a 15% pulley reduction.

So I guess at the moment I am looking for help with the below:

1) Are these the best low budget Coilovers I should be looking at?
2) What offset should I get for my Speedline Turinis?
3) What would you do in my situation (I have around 2k for upgrades)
4) Exhaust options, looking at a 2nd JCW cat back for under £300 currently.

I look forward to hearing from you all!

Sculler.

Attachments

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
8,009 Posts
I'm a big fan of speedline wheels but I'm inclined to say spend less on the wheels and more on the suspension to keep to a similar overall budget
You can always pick up a cheaper set on eBay
Et40 will be good alround number

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
I'm a big fan of Turinis. Loved them on mine

This is with KW V1S coilovers too

If I was to buy Turinis again I'd go with 16s and a fatter tyre. There's usually a set for sale on the Clio forums

If you're just daily-ing the car then APs will be ok. Anything more and you'll want to push your budget for coilovers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That looks clean...I will keep my eyes out for a set. Choosing between a set of Rota Grids, Blitz, or the Bola CSR.

I can't find a picture of them on a Mini but they look sick on this 135i..

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Luxury vehicle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.