MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for abit of advice please.

I've got my eye on these: JAPAN RACING WHEELS JR12 17X8 17X9 5X100 5X114.3 DEEP DISH WIDE ALLOY EURO JAP | eBay

In - 16x8 | ET22 or ET15 (probably ET15)

As I'm currently cleaning up a set of R56s brake calipers & carriers, I'm wondering if i need to worry about the wheels not fitting? Has anyone ever tried?

Also, this.... https://www.proracing.cz/fotky12573/JR weights + lip sizes.pdf ...Tells me that they're 8.2kg which I didn't think was too bad considering my current ones are probably between 10-11kgs each.

I quite like the bronze rota grids too in 16x8 but they were a bit more money & I can't find the weight of those for comparison - the same question would apply though, will they fit over the brakes/anything to know about with either of them?

I'll be putting them on a dark silver R53, yellow calipers. which I'm praying will look ok too! :confused:

·
346 Posts
Looking for abit of advice please.

I quite like the bronze rota grids too in 16x8 but ........ I can't find the weight of those for comparison :confused:
I can tell you that Rota RBs 17x7.5 weigh 8.3kgs so I'd have thought the 16x8s Grids would be there or thereabouts. I'm sure Rare Rims could tell you (the Rota importers?).

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just get the Rotas, nicer wheel and non of that pikey multi hole fitment shit.

Why are you worried about weight when you're fitting 17's in a size and offset that won't let you set the car up properly anyway?
No, would be 16's. Why would that offset be such an issue?

Isn't any unsprung weight a higher consideration though?

I'm basically trying to get the rota look for less cash, rotas, tried & tested may be the way forward.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can tell you that Rota RBs 17x7.5 weigh 8.3kgs so I'd have thought the 16x8s Grids would be there or thereabouts. I'm sure Rare Rims could tell you (the Rota importers?).
There about the same as these Japan racing ones then. That's interesting. If they fit the brakes, can be bought in ET33 & nothing else gets brought up it may be well worth the cash saving for essentially the same effect as the rota.

I recall it was about £150 cheaper. Which may not seem a lot to some, but you haven't met my missus! Ha ha

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
In my signiture pic are 15x8 et25, I had -2.5 camber all round with adjustable front top mounts and adjustable rear control arms, if you went et15, that's another 10mm poke, therefore more negative camber, so potentially -4/-5? Which is not an ideal set up And if you haven't got adjustable parts, they will poke out of the arch and look gash.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In my signiture pic are 15x8 et25, I had -2.5 camber all round with adjustable front top mounts and adjustable rear control arms, if you went et15, that's another 10mm poke, therefore more negative camber, so potentially -4/-5? Which is not an ideal set up And if you haven't got adjustable parts, they will poke out of the arch and look gash.
Cheers. Hmm I maybe should put a bit of thought into this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts