MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As pair title this is a simple way to make a genuine JCW front strutbrace fit into the rear. Somehow I always loved jcw strutbraces and because I have already an AEM fitted, I just wanted to try something different and unique.

First of all you need a square tube 4x4 with a wall thickness of 1,5mm about 15cm long, cut it in half to make the 2 mounting points.

20201004_173434.jpg

20201006_193346.jpg

These square tubes need to be cut in a trapezoidal pattern in order to have enough space for the bolts to mount the brackets on the chassis. 2 holes for the mounting bolts and another one for the strutbrace mounting point (per square tube).
20201007_190658.jpg

Drill a 10mm hole on each end of the strutbrace bolts in order to get the exact dimensions of the rear car width.
(the following photo doesnt have the new holes drilled)
20201006_202729.jpg

In order to remove the strutbrace faster a good idea is to use Quick release Clamps
αρχείο λήψης.jpg

READY TO GET IT FITTED
20201008_184535.jpg
20201008_184545.jpg

THANKS FOR WATCHING
Vaios
RAT GARAGE WORKS

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Useless as a brace, but looks very cool. Where can you get those quick release clamps?
Why useless mate? I can feel the difference even when I had the rear seats fitted or not. Rear end was more rigid with seats fitted. Dont mind the weight cause its less than 15 kilos.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G960F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Resident Gobshite
4,162 Posts
I’d agree, I don’t think these would do anything. I fitted one but only to attach a cargo net to and stop stuff in the boot flying forward.

this doesn’t fit to the rear strut towers and the metal it is fitted too would probably warp & move before stiffening the chassis.

Reactions: Vaios

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’d agree, I don’t think these would do anything. I fitted one but only to attach a cargo net to and stop stuff in the boot flying forward.

this doesn’t fit to the rear strut towers and the metal it is fitted too would probably warp & move before stiffening the chassis.
If it was easy to warp it would warp while holding the rear seats too. I know its not the strongest part of the chassis but I hope it does what it should.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G960F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
It's just pieces of sheet metal spot welded to the side of the chassis where the brackets bolt on to. The metal warps when pulling side to side. No way solid enough to brace anything. Back rests don't move in that direction because the hinges hold them to the floor, so no warping with them of course.

I have a "brace bar" there too like Jake, holding a cargo net. Would be handy to have those quick release clamps tho, easier to take it off to haul tyres and stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts