MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 497 Posts

·
omd
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after 6ish months of problems the GP has gone back to Rybrook Stratford after a very good px offer.

Picked up a black R56 S with Aero Kit and a few nice options. It’s very different to drive as it doesn’t feel as urgent as the R53 which I miss but the R56 isn’t awful and does good MPG's.

Main issue at the moment is I cant stand the car stock :laugh: Crown spokes, quiet exhaust (that doesn’t even pop and bang, fucking cheers ecu update) and crazy high ride height are annoying me.

I still have the AP's which I decided to hang onto so they will be going on.

Need to sort some wheels out, want something baller but may get something cheap to do me until I get the cheddar together, and they will more than likely be 17's or 18's in 'winning blue'.

Probably going to get either an OBX exhaust or a custom exhaust with a single tip like the alta cat backs.

And a remap/catted dp/intake as soon as possible... would rather get it looking on point first though...

Crap iPhone pictures. Spots have been removed, do not want.

·
Cuntousaurus
15,729 Posts
And a remap/decat dp/intake as soon as possible......
efa, you honestly gonna rock a cat when I go decat... you know how much of a pussy I am with noise! Your just asking for abuse :lol:

Good news on the AP's straight off the bat mate, when you say baller you going bbs with a dick out offset yes yes? :w00t:

Me looks forwards to this....

·
omd
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure how easy it is to whack a cat back in come MOT time though...

wheels, something jap hopefully and in a fitment that means I can drop it and still drive like an idiot...

·
Cuntousaurus
15,729 Posts
not sure how easy it is to whack a cat back in come MOT time though...
I'm getting Scott to make me a swapable decat for MOT, I would speak to 1320 as they made a decat for their R56 which I've been in.....

Mate..... it makes a properly nice inductive roar (think boxer engine style) and then every gear change, snap, snap, crackle, crackle.... pant wetting and thats with the stock cat back too! :scared:

wheels, something jap hopefully and in a fitment that means I can drop it and still drive like an idiot...
Lovely! Rays, volk, enkei..... ? Work Emotion would look good or the Rota torques are similar looking for minimal chedder....

·
omd
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm getting Scott to make me a swapable decat for MOT, I would speak to 1320 as they made a decat for their R56 which I've been in.....

Mate..... it makes a properly nice inductive roar (think boxer engine style) and then every gear change, snap, snap, crackle, crackle.... pant wetting and thats with the stock cat back too! :scared:
yeah i need to look into it a bit more really lol gutted mine got the updated ecu flash that stops the pops and bangs!

Lovely! Rays, volk, enkei..... ? Work Emotion would look good or the Rota torques are similar looking for minimal chedder....
Just gonna see what is about when I come to it

and as above the spots are already gone

·
omd
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
unsure whether to just drop in on the crown spokes of shame for the time being or just wait till i have purchased some wheels and do it all at once?

·
omd
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have some 5mm spacers and longer bolts laying about, not sure whether they will clear at ET43 even but could do a test fit

·
Cuntousaurus
15,729 Posts
Yes, yes... I missed that dave... my eyes were fucked up and I was in shock from by seeing spots on a car James owns. I thought he'd lost it!

Sweet, dump it for now and hold out for the right wheels imo. Will look iffy for a bit but at least wheelgap is gone.

1 - 20 of 497 Posts