Simples.

Pros & cons of both please.

P.S. This is cool as fuck :beatdeadhorse5:

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep...all you need to know is in the sticky
I've read the sticky, yes I know that the facelift is obviously a better car, goes without saying, that's a point of a facelift.

But, is it worth the extra money? I imagine I'd pay at least £500-£1000 more for a 2005/2006 car with 35k miles than a 2003/2004 car with 35k miles on.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,714 Posts
I can't think of any feature that's on a pre facelift car that I miss on mine. Plus, you're pretty much guaranteed a limited slip diff on a facelift car (with chilli pack), and they come with adjustable rear control arms (but not very adjustable) factor in how much just those two things would cost to retrofit and the extra initial investment starts to make more sense

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Shorter gears makes the car a bunch faster with minimal mods.
Nicer interior 3 part dash rather than 5 nicer steering wheel and door panels and interior mood lighting. also the head and tail lights are much nicer to look at.
the Limited slip diff is also a good thing to have.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I got mine when I was 19 :) 06 with 26k on the clock. Gotta say the guy selling it was a bit surprised when I turned up at his door haha.

·
Resident Essex Boy
185 Posts
you have angered BATOU... now we all must suffer the consequences

on a serious note, iv recently been taken out in a facelift r53

lets put it this way.. im buying a facelift
at the end of the day, your buying a newer car with revised internal/external changes
and if you are looking to put more power in it you will want an LSD

If you're just going to buy a mini to drive standard every day this question wouldnt matter but if you want to change it and increase power/handling etc then a facelift is the way to go.

i am currently putting my r56 back to standard to get a facelift r53 S.

·
king of weight reduction
1,133 Posts
I bought a face lift didn't make me look any younger though, i just look a touch surprised

·
Werthers
6,596 Posts
you have angered BATOU... now we all must suffer the consequences

at the end of the day, your buying a newer car with revised internal/external changes
and if you are looking to put more power in it you will want an LSD

If you're just going to buy a mini to drive standard every day this question wouldnt matter but if you want to change it and increase power/handling etc then a facelift is the way to go.

i am currently putting my r56 back to standard to get a facelift r53 S.
This saddens me. Your commute is going to be expensive :p

·
Resident Essex Boy
185 Posts
This saddens me. Your commute is going to be expensive :p
Would it be that much better with a turbo thou?

also, managed to cut my commute down to only three days in the mini and two days in the baby shuttle!

i struggle to really modify newer cars thou as i feel im ruining them if something goes wrong :(

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
I got mine a year ago when I was 20, No problems with test driving peoples cars aslong as they are sitting next too you, But I did have a huge beard.

I ended up going for a 2003 Pre-FL with 40,000 Miles for £4000 and tbh I couldn't be happier and apart from the LSD, If your planning to do the routine suspension mods I think people here overblowing the difference a Facelift makes.

Saying that If i had the extra cash I would have got the FL for the 3 spoke steering wheel alone, Now I have to get a OMP and risk smashing my face on it while I have no harness.

·
Premium Member
10,904 Posts
I could get 40ish mpg out of all my minis on the motorway it's around town that the r53s drink

·
Premium Member
16,481 Posts
Get a facelift, and stop complaining over £500-1000, when I bought mine the stretch to a facelift was £3-5k so just get fucken it done!
True story.

Unless you're going for a turbo conversion for your r53, get the facelift :wink:

Would it be that much better with a turbo thou?
Mine was ~7mpg better than the R53 was combined.

x94westx said:

Did you also take a pre-facelift out to compare?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts