MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this site allow or have the software to enable tapatalk on the iphone?
Would be great to access the site while on the move ! :wink:

·
Bugger
25,321 Posts
the hamster has a very demanding real job, im sure it will happen sometime

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed, not any 'development' involved really. It's a straight forward plug-in available for all the major forum software.
Plus viewing it doesn't prescribe an iPhone, versions are available for Android and Windows Phone.

'Evans1089', do a search and you'll see it was discussed recently as being on the to-do list.
Ahhh, so i see :)

·
Premium Member
5,598 Posts
Or get a fucking phone with an internet connection use it to scoop the sand out of your fucking vagina, then move into 2011 and get a service provider with internet allowance so you wont need tapatalk. Job done

·
Dead One
2,726 Posts
Bit harsh. There are plenty of cases where that's not applicable - areas with poor 3G coverage such as rural areas or trains. Also roaming abroad where data costs are astronomical. Besides MT is pretty shit on a phone browser anyway, with links in text smaller than the name of the poster as well as page links overlapping.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Or get a fucking phone with an internet connection use it to scoop the sand out of your fucking vagina, then move into 2011 and get a service provider with internet allowance so you wont need tapatalk. Job done
How about fuck you?

·
Administrator
17,320 Posts
It's on the list, along with the garage now that's been released for VB4 and a shed load of other stuff we've invested in recently, the hamster just hadn't had a chance to integrate it all yet so hang tight for now it will be forthcoming.

·
Super Moderator
14,679 Posts
Maybe instead of converting the whole site, I wonder if a certain 'link' can be created so that users wishing to access the site via Tapatalk can save 'said link' so it goes to Tapatalk - otherwise through the usual phone browser.

I enjoy viewing through the usual browser but, agreed, typing is a bastard!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Don't get the tapatalk thing, seems why over priced for what you pay for the app (Android) anyway. You'd have to be doing some serious internet browsing to get anywhere near a 750mb package a month. For what its worth I check MT on my phone quite alot, have been meaning to play with the RSS feature that seems to be available.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
From my experience, which is very limited, tapatalk is very easy to install and just covers the whole forum rather than select parts. You just download it from their website, drop the downloaded folder into the 'root' of your forum then register on the tapatalk website, that's it!

I'm in the process of building a Juke forum, onlyJUKEing.com and tapatalk installed fine. I'm using phpBB which could well be easier than vBulletin though? Plus as I know nothing about web programming there may be wider implications the hamster knows of that I've overlooked!

Also, if loss of advertising revenue is a concern then you can install a banner on tapatalk too to advertise what you like...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts