MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi still trying to get my swapped engine back up and now seem to be having issues with getting the intake manifold of all the nuts have come off fine but it seam to be stuck on one of the studs. I have been trying for 3 days now and it is lose all the way up to the stud which looks like it saved in the hole

I have tried a large amount of wd40 over several day I have tried tapping with a no mark hammer, I have tried crown bars and screw drivers. The manifold moves fine on the other studs. Has anyone got any way I can get it off as it is now stopping me from getting the rebuild done.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
if hitting it is likely to just end up damaging it you think, perhaps drill a very small hole down just carefully alongside the stud if possible, as if to elongate the hole without damaging the thread, you don't know that the stud would come out so best tried with a view to save it. Ideally above or below, or both, as this is most likely where it's still held by corrosion if the manifold is lifting the other end, measuring it so you don't drill the head, it should allow some fluid in and probably assist in removal, slightly irregular bolt hole shape won't stop it sealing. I have one here just the same, I had a spare manifold fortunately, this will end up being drilled

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
if hitting it is likely to just end up damaging it you think, perhaps drill a very small hole down just carefully alongside the stud if possible, as if to elongate the hole without damaging the thread, you don't know that the stud would come out so best tried with a view to save it. Ideally above or below, or both, as this is most likely where it's still held by corrosion if the manifold is lifting the other end, measuring it so you don't drill the head, it should allow some fluid in and probably assist in removal, slightly irregular bolt hole shape won't stop it sealing. I have one here just the same, I had a spare manifold fortunately, this will end up being drilled
Im starting to think your ghosting me Sean 🤣

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
replied via pm ;O)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts