MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there - first post on minitorque so I’m ready to be welcomed with open arms or shunned for not doing enough research to make sure this hasn’t been covered elsewhere...

Anywho, I’m in the market for an R53 Cooper S and have pretty much decided what I’m after, the most relevant detail for this post being that I would like a facelifted model to get (what I am viewing to be at least) the better mechanicals.

However, I’m finding some cars which are 2005 onwards (I.e cars I’m expecting to come with the mechanical changes) which look to all intents and purposes to be facelifted models, yet quote power and torque figures of 163bhp and 108lbs/ft instead of the 170bhp and 162lbs/ft I’m expecting. Granted these figures must be pulled through automatically on the sites I’m searching on.

My question then, is there anything I can physically check on an R53 MCS to make sure it has the Teflon coated supercharger and the shorter gearing?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The log book I checked to see if power is quoted (albeit for a Mercedes 190E) didn't include it, so assumed that was the norm for all cars (foolish I know). My question of what to look for now seems stupid... Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Joking aside someone did mention it on here some time ago in the context of Helmsley, perhaps a North Eastern regional meet for me to enthuse over your cars & for you to laugh at mine is on the cards some time?

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Joking aside someone did mention it on here some time ago in the context of Helmsley, perhaps a North Eastern regional meet for me to enthuse over your cars & for you to laugh at mine is on the cards some time?
Too many awesome roads round there to sit around chatting... ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts