MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted a hyabusa exhaust on my first gen, but the rear lower bumper trim now looks pants any ideas on how or what I can do to clean it up
20210718_174653.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Obviously but that would be boring and the same as everyone else's minis on thes Road, she sounds great with this pipe on, I had a Austin mini back in 92 with a straight through pipe on it so trying ro replicate the same on the second gen but plastic gets in the way these days

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I understand wanted to be different. I get that.
You wont replicate the classic Mini sound though. Thats impossible.
If youre set on the bike silencer, get the pipe work to it redone so the silencer exits perpendicular not at a jaunty angle and either centrally or to the RH side, then fit a S centre exhaust trim or non S side exit trim.

·
Premium Member
5,670 Posts
I think I'd turn that silencer and have it exit through the sill cover in front of the rear wheel, or below it but through would look better ;O)

Reactions: Lampro

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Sorry to be negative but it looks pants because it is barely half done.

Had you cut back to where you could fit it properly & then had the back box fitted properly it would look just fine & sound exactly the same.

Rather than do it properly you just Frankensteined it with what was there & that is how it looks.

Each to their own though, if you like it then that is the main thing, as it is yours.

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
784 Posts
It just look bizzare!

Personally I think It would be better if it was completely out of sight if it’s just there for noise, mounted higher up and hidden behind the lower bumper trim, it certainly seems short enough to hide away behind a replacement trim

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry to be negative but it looks pants because it is barely half done.

Had you cut back to where you could fit it properly & then had the back box fitted properly it would look just fine & sound exactly the same.

Rather than do it properly you just Frankensteined it with what was there & that is how it looks.

Each to their own though, if you like it then that is the main thing, as it is yours.
Why say sorry before posting such a negative comment joined the forum.for advise help and because I love minis sorry its not perfect but we carnt all be unlike you

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
784 Posts
I think he said sorry because he was being polite!

as for joining for advice, a couple have advised how you could possibly do the job better and your taking a negative stance because you obviously don’t like what your being ‘advised’ by people who also love and understand minis

Anyway back to the car, what diameter is the bike pipe compared to the standard mini exhaust, I don’t know bikes but surely a motorbike exhaust would be a smaller diameter than a car one and restrict flow, have you just cut the back box off and bolted that to the existing centre pipe or have you put a straight through pipe on from the manifold?

·
Premium Member
5,670 Posts
this is normal MT stuff 😂 don't take offence, with advice comes opinion love it or hate it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tbh the original box was shot along with the hangers, quick fix for the mot it's a 2inch bore on the bike pipe so just cut away and clamped it straight on, tbf it doesn't look pretty so probably going to get a new of the shelf standard exhaust fitted saves a load of hassle

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
784 Posts
Have a look out for a used stainless back box of some sort, I think scorpion did one, I had a full scorpion system on my R52 mini one that was off an R50 Cooper, that only set me back £150 from a scrappy in Wolverhampton

·
Premium Member
5,670 Posts
Reactions: Lampro

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And I didn't cut the rear valance previous owner had done this as the old exhaust was twisted, just been on ebay and there are a few standard s exhausts for.a not to.bad price will just need to.adjust the hangers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts