MiniTorque.com banner

141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
It's a KAVS chargecooler ;)
No logs needed, I monitor it on the Scangauge. Regarding the John Cooler Water logo, yeah, I did just for fun.

·
Registered
887 Posts
With my GP intercooler I have been monitoring it recently and on average it sits about 5-7 degrees above ambient! Really impressed with the recovery rate on the GP.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
So what did you have before and how does the W2A compare?
I've been changing a lot of stuff on my car through the years, mate, so a direct comparison is always hard to establish. But it is the most efficient setup I had this far. With an 18% reduction pulley and 7500 Rev limit, from 2nd to 5th gear at WOT, the car would only hit 50º on the end of 5th gear. This, with mild temperatures (15º C), of course.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,481 Posts
so in summary, an ideal set up for decent breathing/cooling on a Tritec with a reduced pulley would include a dave.f/JCW CAI, 550cc injectors, JCW/other bigger head, cam, TMIC with proper diverters, long 4-2-1 Supersprint/OBX/JCM manifold, sports cat (maybe), water/meth and a custom tune. As far as I can make out.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
you all realize that the data coming out of the obdII port is not that accurate for real time performance right?

Reactions: Bokers

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
I didn't. New to data logging. What can we use to get it right Jan?
vipec, this is why I am using it on the TVS car for now. So all the info is accurate

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
How delayed is it the obd port then?
it does packets of info, it also does averaging based on rpm
when you look at the rate of climb on vipec (live) vs stock ecu its quite entertaining. Then you get to see why the stock ecu will never beat the vipec on the race track nor produce the same consistent lap times. I have never used a stop watch on it but you can see it with your own eyes its delayed, some times more than others where you are like............whoa..........it went 8deg before updating

·
Registered
887 Posts
Ahh right ok! I suppose for race application a vipec would be miles better! But for monitoring can you get much better than a scangauge? (running off the obd port, not using actual gauges)

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Ahh right ok! I suppose for race application a vipec would be miles better! But for monitoring can you get much better than a scangauge? (running off the obd port, not using actual gauges)
I'll give you a quick analogy............

we are standing around 3 fat girls and the bar is closing.........
you want to quibble over which is uglier before taking 1 of these hogs home.......
get it?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
7k's worth of diagnostic equipment where you can pin point exactly what you want to log

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Excellent thank you. So is that one straight pull at WOT from 2nd to 5th? 50 degrees IAT? Just one or many. I will do a few to compare my GP intercooler with it.
Yes, only one pull.

Here is the accurate data:
From circa 25 mph in 2nd gear with starting IATs of 22.5º C, to 6317 Rpms in 6th gear, which equates to circa 142 mph, ended up with 50.22º C with a peak of 52.47º C in 5th gear at 7388 RPMs. Then took the foot of the gas and 6 seconds later I was at 37.7º C, and 13 seconds after that, I was at 33.7º C. So, it took me about 19 seconds with the foot of the gas to recover from 50.2º C to 33.7º C.

141 - 160 of 163 Posts