MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've recently bought a R56 Mini JCW, but I'm struggling to get my head around some of the controls.

How does comfort access work? Is it a bit hit and miss as mine doesn't seem to be working properly.

Can the key fob be used to fold/unfold the electric folding mirrors when locking/ unlocking the car? Or do you have to manually twist the nob all the time for the mirrors to fold/ unfold?

Lastly, is there a way for the electric windows to go up/ down without having to hold the switch?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Comfort access is just unlocking or locking the doors by pressing the little rubber button on either door handle, as long as you have the key on you. Of course then you'll need to get it out anyway to start the car!

As for the folding mirrors, I think they'll only operate on the switch, by twisting it. It would be great if you could make them fold when locking. I don't think this is even a dealer activated option.

Your windows should have auto up and down, but this will only work with the ignition switched on or the engine running otherwise you have to hold the switch.
The auto function work with just a momentary flick of the switch in the desired direction and stops with another switch input.

Steve

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
It depends what options are enabled. For example, on our R60 with comfort access, which should be the same to the R56, you can lock and unlock the door by pressing / long pressing the black rubber buttons on the door handles. Once in the car, you can then start the engine and drive without putting the key fob in the ignition.

For the mirrors, they will fold when you press the button inside the car, but you can also have the car programmed to fold the mirrors when you long press the lock button on the remote / door handles, and unfold when you unlock, when the engine isn't running.

The same goes for the windows. You should be able to put them down by long pressing the unlock button on the remote, but you can have it programmed to also put the windows up when you long press the lock button on the remote / door handles, when the engine isn't running.

Two pretty useful features when you're locking the car and walking away, although I'm sure I'll never remember to do it :lol:

We had ours re-programmed by Jason at Millsys Autos millsysautos.co.uk to enable the mirror fold and windows up features on long press of the lock button.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Oh cool, I knew about the long press of the unlock dropping the windows but I didn't know closing was an option, or mirror folding. I'll have to look into getting that programmed.
Cheers Mr Orranje (is it Oli?)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts