MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Sounds easier than it actually is. Try it yourself, especially on an early R56 and there are many things that this guide will not cover. Turning a one day job into an all weekend job.

I would bank on service mode, then removal of both heat shields, plenty of plus gas, hopeful removal of both O2 sensors without damage, disconnection of neg battery lead as you will have more room but can still touch alternator with a tool or heat shield.

Bolts to remove down pipe from bracket usually corrode. You the have to use those studs holding bracket to engine. To get at those front heat shield needs to come off. Then with down pipe removed corroded bolts replaced when you can get them off.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Sorry if this question has been asked many times before. I thought I'd seen previously an R56 de-cat downpipe that wasn't detectable. Are these widely available and, if so, from where? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Is this pdf not working now?cant seem to open it
Its a bit of a ball ache but not that bad once you get all the heat shield bolts out .. id suggest checking if yoi can get the 2nd lambda out before going to far as mine stripped its threads.. but took 3hrs .. wear propper gloves ..saves blood loss

Reactions: Ss82

·
Registered
273 Posts
Plannin on gettin a spare sensor n jus taking he full cat with both sensors still attached out imstead fuckin about tryin to get them out haha

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Good plan !!!!.. pre cat 1st sensor should be ok though as its not getting battered by road shite. Try it before you splash out might save you a few £..

·
Registered
273 Posts
Wifes pre cat sensor was solid took the bro inlaw ages to get it out. Thinkin jus for time saving as hopefully have a lot parts to fit when I get the car haha

How much a cunts the heatsheild to get off?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Wifes pre cat sensor was solid took the bro inlaw ages to get it out. Thinkin jus for time saving as hopefully have a lot parts to fit when I get the car haha

How much a cunts the heatsheild to get off?
Just little to no room .. longest part of the job is removing the heat shield in my instance removing stubborn bolts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Used this guide on the weekend and was really helpful, so thanks! Luckily my car is only three years old so everything came off fairly easily. Just soaked all the bolts in GT85 and left the three studs at the top for half an hour before attempting so that I didn't strip the threads. Putting the little bolts back in the heat shields was the worst bit! Took me three hours all together, but I took my time and didn't rush. 100% worth it with a Scorpion de-cat pipe, sounds incredible!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts