MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheel spin!

I have an R52 which I've just had remapped, in conjunction with a Milltek catback exhaust. I'm very pleased with the improvement in performanace and am planning on a reduced pulley etc..... HOWEVER.....

I'm now spinning the wheels in 2nd & 3rd gears in the damp/wet conditions. For those of you who have had reduced pulley ie extra BHP & more torque... How on earth do you actually get the power down on the road in non dry conditions????

I have standard suspension & R95 JCW 18" wheels with Bridgestone 205/40/18 runflats...

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks! :huh:

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
Christ almighty, do people just want these cars to drive themselves these days or something? You can't always throw a modification at a problem and fix it.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Your Bridgestone 205/40/18 runflats are stiff sidewall Summer tyres so on wet damp roads you can make spin very easily no matter what power output you have, so its all about throttle control and learning to be progressive. Other than that you can look at different tyres that offer better grip for the conditions.

·
Farmer boy!
3,846 Posts
There are ways to improve traction but in all honesty you should at least try and alter your driving style a little. If you a breaking traction - in a straight line - in third gear then the road is either really cold and slippy or you have the wrong tyres.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,527 Posts
smaller rims with better/fresher NRF tyres (Uniroyal RainSport2 or 3 would work in the damp), LSD, better suspension damping, disconnected fARB, but mostly being in the right gear and more finesse of the throttle

·
Wineeeeeeeeeeeee
2,286 Posts
So you couldn't spin up at all before the map this has to be one of those magic superchip remaps

·
MT's Naughty Boy
6,852 Posts
Wheel spin!

I have an R52 which I've just had remapped, in conjunction with a Milltek catback exhaust. I'm very pleased with the improvement in performanace and am planning on a reduced pulley etc..... HOWEVER.....

I'm now spinning the wheels in 2nd & 3rd gears in the damp/wet conditions. For those of you who have had reduced pulley ie extra BHP & more torque... How on earth do you actually get the power down on the road in non dry conditions????

I have standard suspension & R95 JCW 18" wheels with Bridgestone 205/40/18 runflats...

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks! :huh:
From Essex eh?

Figures..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts