MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive tried it many different ways now and in the process have managed to break the plastic clip that secures it to the supercharger (In hindsight i shouldnt have put the bolt in until everything was lined up ; i was just trying to stop it from coming apart again)

Im now at a complete loss.
-This is the hardest thing ive had to do so far and i cant find any solid advice online.

Should i try removing the whole intake header to give me better access ?

Do i now need to buy a new pipe or is the snapped piece repairable ?

Please help
馃槀
馃槶

Heres a video of me moaniing and explaining the mess ive made: Supercharger refit

Attachments

Premium Member
get another pipe

fit the green seal to the charger first

if struggling at the bypass hose release the three 11mm nuts holding the throttle housing and bring it to meet the pipe a bit, the gasket can be reused usually

Premium Member
just watched the clip, the reason you have no movement at all now is just because the hose is now on, also remove the throttle housing, stick a rag in there in case something drops, refit that last, all the effort you need is at the bypass hose really, you do need to deform it some at the top to get it back onto the bypass, just don't over stress it and tear it, if you have already get another hose. Correct seating of that green seal is vital, as is securing the pipe to stop it working backwards causing a massive air leak hence bodging the loop should be forgotten about ;O)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Y
just watched the clip, the reason you have no movement at all now is just because the hose is now on, also remove the throttle housing, stick a rag in there in case something drops, refit that last, all the effort you need is at the bypass hose really, you do need to deform it some at the top to get it back onto the bypass, just don't over stress it and tear it, if you have already get another hose. Correct seating of that green seal is vital, as is securing the pipe to stop it working backwards causing a massive air leak hence bodging the loop should be forgotten about ;O)
I had tried it without the hose and both those lines released (Took some prying with bent nose pliers to the lines and a heat gun to the bypass hose) but then as you said the bypass hose has to be deformed and i didnt want to break the clip (Which i evtually did anyway) whilst trying to fit it.

But anyway i think ive got it worked out now:
Gasket on the flange worked (Ive got it lined up and the charge pipe sealed on) and im going to do as you and some other have advised to just remove everythng above to be refitted after the charge pipe and the connecting lines; i should have an extra set of hands today to help me hold everything together.

Im going to try and fix my current pipe with some JB weld and some nylon spacers as i feel like that will be stronger than the original clip/ plastic bolt hole. I have got a spare charge pipe and bypass hose on its way incase that doesnt do it.

Thankyou again for your wisdom 馃檶

1 - 4 of 4 Posts