MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My horns have gone weedy. Both work but they've lost volume. Thing is this is the second pair of horns on the car. I replaced them after they did this previously & it's happened again. Coincidence or is there something I should be looking at in the loom? I know nothing about electrics.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My horns are carefully affixed in the prescribed manner, I'll have you know, you impudent pultoon.:p

Never thought to search this but it seems the brackets are an earth for the circuit, so over time, corrosion can lead to a weakened output. I though it was pretty unlikely to have two sets of horns go south the same way, so probably worth a go with the wire brush & reinstall.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Same. If anyone's interested, I took them out for a clean up today. There is corrosion on the brackets but both horns had a small amount of water in them. This is weird as they both point downwards but snce they're a spiral shaped design, I guess water can get in & remain. Anyway, I drained them & all back to normal.

Now thinking about how I could either add a drainhole or cover the openings to prevent water ingress. For now I've angled them a bit but don;t know if it'll make them better or worse.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Think this has happened on mine as beeped at someone the other day and I couldn't hear a thing and got no response lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts