MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've been a massive fan for years your videos have helped a lot. I have a problem and could do with advice. I have a 2003 r53 and I have a loud rattle between 2000-3000 rpm not timing chain.Engine was a bit low on oil and it has had a manifold repair. I've wedged a bar on the manifold heat shield. Didn't affect the noise.It's not throwing any codes, it does it wether clutch in or out, under load or in neutral, wether accelerating, decelerating or hold revs and it can rattle for a second on cold start The noise stopped when the front of the car was jacked up No loss of power and no driving problems, car is running a bit rich, I'm worried it's something internally in the engine. Please HELLLLP!!!!!!!!

Ps. I'm in Bromley, se London if anybody knows how to fix this I can pay you in beer!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I've been a massive fan for years your videos have helped a lot. I have a problem and could do with advice. I have a 2003 r53 and I have a loud rattle between 2000-3000 rpm not timing chain.Engine was a bit low on oil and it has had a manifold repair. I've wedged a bar on the manifold heat shield. Didn't affect the noise.It's throwing any codes, it does it wether clutch in or out, under load or in neutral, wether accelerating, decelerating or hold revs and it can rattle for a second on cold start The noise stopped when the front of the car was jacked up No loss of power and no driving problems, car is running a bit rich, I'm worried it's something internally in the engine. Please HELLLLP!!!!!!!!

Ps. I'm in Bromley, se London if anybody knows how to fix this I can pay you in beer!!!!!
Did you ever figure out what this was mate? I have a ‘57 Cooper and I have an almost identical problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts