MiniTorque.com banner

41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hopefully getting the air con working tomorrow. Finally found a hole in a pipe. Fingers crossed.

Spent more time recently on the Focus, fitting the air box from a mk2 Focus RS.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Not much going on Mini-wise recently. Air con finally (one condenser, two new pipes and a few o rings later) working. Getting plans in place for MOT mid Sept or early Oct.

Here's few pictures taken during a "look back over your shoulder when you park up on way to work" moment (and another with big cousin Focus ST):
20190822_075357.jpg
20190822_075424.jpg
20190823_200713.jpg

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Spent a couple of hours fitting a new headlamp levelling sensor on the front. That was fun. Not really.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I’m interested in the valeo rear wiper, I have a pre fl car and why wiper is crap.
What do you have to replace with this set up, is it just the blade or the whole lot?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I’m interested in the valeo rear wiper, I have a pre fl car and why wiper is crap.
What do you have to replace with this set up, is it just the blade or the whole lot?
Follow this link for more information:

All this bits you need. You need them all!

·
That's you, that is.
305 Posts
That’s exactly what I did on my 04 (though I bought the bits from the dealer). It’s way way better!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Rocker cover gasket is sitting in the garage.

I have booked in for the bodywork, under the n/s rear light, in January.

R56 front calipers, carriers, discs and pads have been ordered plus new discs and pads for the rear.

That could it for the project. Time to drive and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
^This ;O)

Reactions: KeithyCoop

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Found something of interest to buy on eBay today for a good price.

I will rub the appropriate bits down and set to with some matt black paint and get them looking as good as new before fitting them in the spring.

Before then I have some R56 front brakes to fit and new discs and pads for the rear. I also have a new rocker cover gasket and stainless bolts to get on the engine to stop the leak.

Aero1.jpg
Aero2.jpg

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,550 Posts
Slap a bead of rtv round the rocker cover gasket top and bottom and that'll fix it good n proper. Argument against being that it's a pain to clean up the next time the cover needs to come off, but I'd prefer a leak free engine

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
The aero skirts have arrived and they look good. No broken clips just a bit of lacquer peel on one, which seller was honest about, but the blue underneath is good. They need a good clean and some fitting clips ordered. I need to paint the black bits and then it will be fitting time.

41 - 60 of 106 Posts