MiniTorque.com banner
241 - 247 of 247 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
6,637 Posts
doesn't look great, wet everywhere around it....

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
The pleasure of autumn! Water inside one of the rear lights. Off it came for a reseal and in went a standard light with orange indicator lens. The fixed light will go back in at the weekend once I am happy the glue is properly set and the sealant dry.
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Bumper Headlamp

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 · (Edited)
Well, it appears that the alternator that I fitted to my car in April 2021 has failed. Battery light on and no power steering. Voltage not increasing at the battery when the engine is running.

As it's now rather cold and wet I have entrusted my local garage to source and fit a replacement. Low charging voltage could have been the source of my recent running woes. I will wait and see.

I also have a replacement heater matrix to fit. The pipes are as hot as they should be, the air blend flap is working but the air isn't as hot as it should be. 20 years of crud inside, no doubt.

My Mini ownership ratio is definitely more pain then pleasure at the moment.

·
Registered
R53 cooper s
16 Posts
Well, it appears that the alternator that I fitted to my car in April 2021 has failed. Battery light on and no power steering. Voltage not increasing at the battery when the engine is running.

As it's now rather cold and wet I have entrusted my local garage to source and fit a replacement. Low charging voltage could have been the source of my recent running woes. I will wait and see.

I also have a replacement heater matrix to fit. The pipes are hots, the air blend flap is working but the air isn't as hot as it should be. 20 years of crud inside, no doubt.

My Mini ownership ratio is definitely more pain then pleasure at the moment.
Im beginning to feel the same after selling my focus st, slight regret but the track days in the mini make all the regret go away. Battle on and all will become good

241 - 247 of 247 Posts