MiniTorque.com banner
181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
6,316 Posts
if only someone could make stuff like this in a round faced gismo that looked like it 'belonged' so it could live next to the tacho or something and blend in....

are you planning to move the obd socket do you don't keep kicking the plug for it?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 · (Edited)
The nipple has parted way with the emergency boot release cable and the handle is detached. I can't find a replacement nipple so fashioned something using a crimp connector, cable tie (what else?) and old curtain pole ring to do the job. I like to think that I am helping to keep the best of British back street engineering alive:

Gadget Material property Cable Gas Auto part

·
Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
6,316 Posts
I think I'd sooner have one of those than a scan gauge, shame they're all a clash with the dash generally

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
I took my Mini for a good rag around the country lanes this morning before work and came back with a big grin on my face. The sort of smile that a Mini can give you. The cam and remap has made it twice the car it was before. The yo-yo that I occasionally had when coming on boost (my car is a 2002) has gone and I can feel it's much more urgent and stable than before. Proof that these cars must be mapped properly, on a dyno, to make sure their fueling is spot on. Not cheap, but cheaper than an engine rebuild. The exhaust used to get a bit sooty, now it stays clean, like my other car does.

So much for my cheap and fun little work day commuter car. I can't help myself.

I hope to take it on track (Snetterton 300) in July.

Then I will want to change the suspension...

181 - 200 of 200 Posts