MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dipping my toe in the water as likely getting an early MINI soon.
It's to replace my trusty Toyota iQ for 10 mile each way trip to work and daily runabout. I've not even been in one yet, apart from a brief sit in a neighbour's 03 R53 just to check I fit and can get comfortable. Felt quite good and a pleasant change from the rather high-up position in the iQ.
Ideally want a facelift model, though not too fussed about getting R53 or R50 - may even consider R52 but already have a convertible for sunny days. I'd like a sun/moon roof as I've not had one for years and loved them way back when they were a thing, climate control would be nice; A/C essential, LSD and chrono pack would be nice. Not keen on red, white or black cars which rather limits my options so may have to accept one anyway.
Anyway, will be mostly browsing trying to get a feel for pros and cons and any foibles that I need to know. I guess there's a Buyer's Guide here somewhere so I'll start there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome!
Yep, they're lovely cars, one thing to note BMW/Mini panroramic sunroofs are lovely when they work but can be costly to fix / repair when they fail. Have a read up, sadly at the age you're looking at many may have stopped working (although they still let light in).

I'm a big fan of sunroofs and have one on my other BMW, but I've also had a panoramic roof on a BMW where the roof failed out of warranty :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts