MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my Cooper S now for around 2 months & ive read up on having it health checked prior to any serious performance modifications.

its a R53 52 plate Cooper S with only 36k on the clock so if all is well she should be able to take a custom remap and a new SC pulley ?

What should i do firstly just to make sure she is firing on all cylinders ? Garage salesman told me she was fine etc etc engine runs like new but they will say anything to sell you the car so i just want to make sure myself - ive had the coolant tank replaced as it was leaking and the car has been drained and re-filled with new coolant - no other problems i can record (touch wood)

Cheers guys

·
'53 Cooper S
414 Posts
was the tank cracked or was it leaking from the cap? just interested to know as mine had dried coolant around the tank as if it had once leaked out? gave it a clean up and will monitor it for further leaks :p

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
was the tank cracked or was it leaking from the cap? just interested to know as mine had dried coolant around the tank as if it had once leaked out? gave it a clean up and will monitor it for further leaks :p
The tank had split in the mid section - was spitting out all over after a run
when i bought her she had dried coolant all over the heat sheild below - read on here how they are a dodgy part and tend to go so just got it replaced - 30 quid off ebay for the coolant tank and if i had the time on my hands its a DIY job - but just took it to the garage and they robbed me of £65 i will one day learn

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no remap is needed when fitting just a pulley
id still like the remap aswell as a new pulley - increased performance and better mpg ive read all over the other mini forums - aslong as its custom and decent though

·
'53 Cooper S
414 Posts
mine is an updated yellow version so shouldnt be a problem? :/ If i were you, id buy an uprated intercooler if you're running a pulley, try GRS or a GP intercooler :thumbup:

·
Cuntousaurus
15,729 Posts
Its a dumb idea get a custom remap running stock injectors (330cc) and only running a pulley. You should wait until you have a cam and some bigger 550cc injectors as the stock ones don't have much headroom and you'll lean out a little pushing hard in 5th.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its a dumb idea get a custom remap running stock injectors (330cc) and only running a pulley. You should wait until you have a cam and some bigger 550cc injectors as the stock ones don't have much headroom and you'll lean out a little pushing hard in 5th.
okay cheers for the advice mate

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
As Batou said, Remap should be done with injectors and a cam really, if going to £1320 its about £1000 all in for parts and labour including the remap! That on top of a pulley and you'll be making some nice BHP figures.

·
burble.. burble pop! pop!
442 Posts
i bought mine with 38k on the clock and my coolant expansion tank was cracked around the lid, there was pink coolant fluid everywhere too! still looking for a new shiney one!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts