MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I sold some Michelin’s from my dads old 1 series to someone on Gumtree, I know for a fact they were undamaged as they were on the car 6 months tops with 0 punctures, potholes or kerbs touched in that time. Sold the 1 series with runflats back on and put the super sports up for sale on about 6mm of tread.

On Sunday I get a phonecall from someone very pushy to do a deal and tells me all about how his garage can get him part worms for the same price and they’re sat in my garage doing nothing so he’s doing me a favour etc etc...

I begrudgingly agree to his lower price (delivered at my expense too) to just get shot of them. Courier collects Tuesday, delivered Wednesday morning (left outside in the safe space he specified) and didnt hear anything more from him so I assume he’s happy.

I get a text out if the blue tonight, poor grammar and all saying one tyre has a hole in the sidewall which has been diagnosed by his garage and he wants a refund.

I can absolutely say I’d never sell a knackered tyre, or knackered anything without being completely up front (more than likely just bin it)

He paid by gift, but from a different name to the one he gave me.
It was delivered to a different person (surname only) and left in the safe space, not actually handed to them despite him telling me he’s home all day.

Am I likely to have PayPal pull the money back from my account?
Also, I’ve only received the one text saying he wants the refund. If I’d been done I’d certainly be a bit more proactive about trying to sort it out! Is he trying to pull a fast one??

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Sounds like he's trying his luck and if you're 100% sure they were fine then I'd ignore. Does he have your address?

If he did gift then he's not covered by PayPal.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like he's trying his luck and if you're 100% sure they were fine then I'd ignore. Does he have your address?

I think he’s trying it on too, as far as I know my address wasn’t on the shipping label and he’s only got my number and email address so can’t see him coming knocking.

Hope so! I’ve ignored so far, and he’s not chasing his message up or calling so I’d imagine just trying to play me

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I think he’s trying it on too, as far as I know my address wasn’t on the shipping label and he’s only got my number and email address so can’t see him coming knocking.

Hope so! I’ve ignored so far, and he’s not chasing his message up or calling so I’d imagine just trying to play me

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Ask him to deliver the whole lot back to a "safe address" at his own expense for this weekend and you will consider a refund
It won't happen....and you've done your bit
And make sure that that address is in Timbuktu.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,971 Posts
There is potentially a way to prove the tyre isnt the one you sold him. The manufacture date on the two tyres is likely to be different if he's done a switcheroo, and the same if you bought them at the same time

·
#HypocriticalCoiloverCunt
3,303 Posts
It's either that or Bedfordshire Constabulary :lol:
Don't worry pal. If some bloke calls me up saying he has been scammed. I'll just tell him what I tell the other people... take them to a small claims court, nothing for police. F-off :)

·
Bugger
25,201 Posts
Don't worry pal. If some bloke calls me up saying he has been scammed. I'll just tell him what I tell the other people... take them to a small claims court, nothing for police. F-off :)
Does your wheel gap double as spare cell space when its busy?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The prick started threatening me this morning so I folded and refunded him half - annoyed and know I've been done but that's life.

I asked for pictures of the tyre and proof of purchase for the replacement that he "had" to buy and apparently that's me asking 100 stupid questions to avoid paying.

If anyone lives in Reading and wants to see 2 pristine Michelin Super Sports on the back of a BMW then be my guest :laugh:

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,407 Posts
The prick started threatening me this morning so I folded and refunded him half - annoyed and know I've been done but that's life.

I asked for pictures of the tyre and proof of purchase for the replacement that he "had" to buy and apparently that's me asking 100 stupid questions to avoid paying.

If anyone lives in Reading and wants to see 2 pristine Michelin Super Sports on the back of a BMW then be my guest :laugh:
If the threats are in writing then that is extortion....pass it on to the rozzers, let him feel some heat for a change

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If the threats are in writing then that is extortion....pass it on to the rozzers, let him feel some heat for a change
Got it all in WhatsApp - hopefully something comes of it.
I don’t need threats that “it’ll get messy” when I’m sipping my morning cuppa on a Sunday :lol:

He even had the audacity to say he was a nice guy and asking me like a man for a refund and not just going to find me :laugh:

·
Bugger
25,201 Posts
Got it all in WhatsApp - hopefully something comes of it.
I don’t need threats that “it’ll get messy” when I’m sipping my morning cuppa on a Sunday :lol:

He even had the audacity to say he was a nice guy and asking me like a man for a refund and not just going to find me :laugh:
At the very least it’s probably enough to get him under the missuse of communications act

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 20 Posts