MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 368 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a few months ago i got bored since i couldn't get much more done to the JCW without it either looking silly or venturing into the unknown.... then i went to the seaside & bought a shell

It started out life as a 52 plate Cooper but since then it's misplaced it's engine.... it also needed quite a few other things replacing so we decided to rip it all apart & start again... don't worry it won't be staying as a Cooper lol

The car is currently getting resprayed.... & a large container ship from Japan arrived on Friday.... hmm could they be connected somehow? :tongue_smilie:

The main reason for me doing this is simples - i'm going to be trying out some products that have been previously unavailiable & some new parts that the Japanese guys are making, some of which you guys on here might like :thumbup: i'm not looking to set records or go for the the biggest BHP WHP numbers but i'm hoping it'll look good & go well both on the road & track.... so watch this space...

·
Bugger
25,321 Posts
its going to be awsome, i know most of the spec of this and theres not going to be another R53 in Europe like it,

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sounds like this is going to be a monster :)!

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ETA on completion? :cool:
Well paint should be done soon... it seems to have taken ages since the entire shell + dash, cage etc has had to be sprayed one colour 1st then sprayed the proper colour for 4+ coats ... ugh should look good though then it's just a matter of adding the parts, getting it road legal (tax, reg, mot etc) then tuning, testing etc soo your guess is as good as mine really lol but i'm in no rush as i'd rather take my time & do it right than rush in & do a half arsed job on it tbh

Another pic...

Needed new rear quarter:

·
Chop it
3,791 Posts
Good to see another back to shell project! Think that is 4 on the go now. If you need any help with anything let me know

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The colour is going to look soooo sweet with the right wheels.
I still think the wheels are one the most important things to get right on a car, pick the wrong ones & the whole car can look like crap.. methinks you'll approve of the choice ;)

this will be one epic toy bro cant wait to get it on the road

dads face will be priceless lol
Neither can i although with dad not knowing it may end up with him not talking to me after finding out that i've spent money on another car.... i've started hinting at it slowly to him now so hopefully it's not too bad lol

1 - 20 of 368 Posts