41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,645 Posts
only the bolt on flange

·
Registered
68 Posts
as it happens mine is a Pro Alloy prototype, the whole car was built there stripped to a bare shell and built from scratch by one of the now ex staff, it had a 36 page build thread on the now defunct track mini site, the guy is on here but not often. He did at the time price up a front end kit which came to just over £2k back then which was probably over 3 years ago, car art really.

View attachment 99184 View attachment 99185
I remember this build, followed it for a while until it was put up for sale. You've got yourself a very nice piece of engineering there mate! Have you progressed any further with it? You need to put up a build thread once you start if not, it is the best R53 I've ever seen.
Yeah 2k for an intercooler package ain't gona happen lol it's not an issue of affording it, it's more trying not to spend big money on a hobby/car which is only worth a few grand.
My plan is to copy Jamie's work sort of, if it looks 1/4 as good as yours I will be happy. Don't care about a few hp lost from slightly less boost, FMIC will give you a lot more IAT stability and not start to pull timing 3 laps into your trackday
Could you possibly post a couple of pics of the full front end/engine bay so I can see the layout, as I also plan to somehow re-route the intake and do away with the airbox.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

41 - 44 of 44 Posts