MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
argumentum vel STFU
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lol: Don't worry, there'll be no VAG conversion here :laugh:

So I picked up the green car in Edinburgh at the weekend, thought I'd start a thread to show what happens as I attack it with spanners, WD40 and duck tape :thumbup1: I'm hoping to do as much of the work as possible myself (excluding engine rebuild :laugh:) as a bit of a project so I actually learn something about fixing it!

The spec of the car as I got it was:

- Cross coilovers + SPC rear control arms
- 17% alta pulley
- OBX exhaust + manifold
- TD 1.2's (being given back to James, needed them to get home on!)
- Brembo front calipers (Temporarily because James couldn't get them off)
- OMP lower strut brace

Here's a couple of pics showing it as it is to start with:

The basic plan is to turn it into a stripped out track slag, I bought this car as I didn't have the balls to do it to my old car. The green car's not in the greatest condition, there's a few things which need fixing but it's not a bad base to start from as I'll be replacing loads of the parts anyway!

So far I have fitted the following as they were cluttering up my flat, they'll all be taken off again soon though:

- Dave F airbox
- GRS intercooler
- M7 upper strut brace

I have bought a few things and the following are sitting about in boxes, waiting to be fitted:

Brakes
- Front R56 S calipers + braided lines all round
- Carbotech XP12 pads (front, not decided on rear yet)
- Nitrac 16 groove discs (front, EBC grooved rear)
Wheels
- Rota Torques (nom nom nom)
Go!
- Janspeed manifold
- ATI super damper 1%

Now for the fun stuff :w00t: I have been in contact with Mike and Hubie, they are supplying some shiny parts:

- Hubie head
- JE pistons
- Megamini cam
- 550 cc injectors
- FX400 clutch + aluminium flywheel (the incredi-clutch is on its last legs!)
- OS Giken LSD

As well as these parts, I'm going for a complete strip and rebuild of the engine, hopefully Thomas can work his magic and make some power :thumbup1: That's just the engine stuff covered for the moment, the rest will be updated as the build progresses.

·
freedom...blah
4,069 Posts
Nice nice nice, loving your project Alex:thumbup1:

If you've not already placed your order for the OS Giken diff, you might be able to persuade 2much to part with his (its the same brand new one that floof bought originally). Maybe save a few pennies to buy more power :D

Is it the stage 3 head you are going for ?

·
Dead One
2,726 Posts
Now for the fun stuff :w00t: I have been in contact with Mike and Hubie, they are supplying some shiny parts:

- Hubie head
- JE pistons
- Megamini cam
- 550 cc injectors
- FX400 clutch + aluminium flywheel (the incredi-clutch is on its last legs!)
- OS Giken LSD

As well as these parts, I'm going for a complete strip and rebuild of the engine, hopefully Thomas can work his magic and make some power :thumbup1: That's just the engine stuff covered for the moment, the rest will be updated as the build progresses.
Sounds awesome. Who's doing your engine rebuild?

·
argumentum vel STFU
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much?? :lol:
Yeah I thought he was having them :thumbup1: if not, let me know :thumbup:
Not for sale :p Swapping them back soon. I heard you might be interested in the OBX manifold?
Nice nice nice, loving your project Alex:thumbup1:

If you've not already placed your order for the OS Giken diff, you might be able to persuade 2much to part with his (its the same brand new one that floof bought originally). Maybe save a few pennies to buy more power :D

Is it the stage 3 head you are going for ?
Cheers Steve :thumbup1: I'll pester 2much for his LSD, and yeah it is the 3a head I believe.

·
argumentum vel STFU
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds awesome. Who's doing your engine rebuild?
1320, if I can get a booking :laugh:

looking forward to seeing the progress on this thread mate :thumbup1:
Cheers dude, I can't wait to make some progress!

so what does Vorsprung Durch Technik in the title point towards?

awesome that the green machine's incredi clutch goes on haha

quality project!
Hah, I was just trying to give BigShow a heart attack, VAG conversion ;)

The incredi-clutch will be put on the wall at 1320 :laugh:

·
Res Non Verba
2,751 Posts
I'm so glad you put that as the project name :wink: mate! Was still hoping you'd just stick up a VW badge and see how long it took to get banned :glare:

Can't wait to see this rolling on the local roads, I saw an epic fail out yesterday. It had more stickers than a time attack car, more wheel gap than big foot the monster truck and more chrome than puff daddy's escalade. We must spread the way of the torque

·
Premium Member
7,027 Posts
damn 3rd dibs on the xenons!

Nice project you've got yourself alex, good to see its staying on the site!

Can't wait to see the finished article :)

1 - 20 of 239 Posts