MiniTorque.com banner
22K views 143 replies 39 participants last post by  Walshe_ian 
#1 ·
Hi boys,

I actually more or less finished my Blue racer project (of course 300% maintance will still be included and also few changes in interior maybe) and after hard working every mile in this 120000 km long period (the engine is still without problems) and huh heh maybe 5000+ km on the track he goes in his earned retirement.

No no I will still have it but it will be my daily drive car. All details you will get soon (suprise) about it. Also I must finished his tread in Project area here.

But just to start new one. Here is my new baby. If everything will be OK (finance) this will became my track tool.
Something more about the car:

- Racing british green 2003
- "wood" interior :eek:hmy::w00t:
- 55000 km - 34000miles
- like new never driven in winter
- never painted, crashed or something
- from one old 65years dad which it has it only for "sunday" driving

Shortly:
Almost new!!!:sifone:

For star I go to the track - road tyres to get some starting points. Actually I didn't drive so bad. 1:54.617 compared to blue racer which I have 1:47.7 my best.

Here is the vid::lurk5:
YouTube - MINI Cooper S Kavs Motorsport Ambroz Grobnik 1.54.617.mp4

And here it is:

Do you like it? Do you think will be nice story from here forward? :blush:

See less See more
#19 · (Edited)
Our first serius track day is behind. Goal was testing our new brakes, not making a good time.

But anyway we've beat one guy who want's to be our competitor (from my opionion he isn't because he is too bad to be this :)) for more then 1second with worn toyo r888 (he was on slicks) and for 3 seconds with new federal. :)

Let you know I have total stock cooper S with 163HP and Bilstein + our brakes and arm spacers and he has highly modifed cooper S, but it looks like their pulley doesn't produce even as boost as OEM one because is shit and sliping - I don't have other explanation for such a bad time as this. If compare my weight driver to their is 40kg+ difference. One more second I have here. :)

So...yes what I wanna tell...our pars works perfect. Brake feeling is such a great thing now and they don't start fading even after 10 laps with stock brake lines.

Bilsteins works perfect. I've need only few laps to set up them and then they work will all tyres good. 17mm arm spacer has proved is OK for 16inch wheel, but we've must cut the bolt for few mm.
Also brakes works good with 16" rotas...

I've made up to 200 km. Problems = zero.

As always our package works perfect!

Pictures coming after friend of mine sends them to me.
My best time was 1:51.8 (unofficaly on the end of the day) officaly is 1:53.6 - with small and worn toyo's :)

#23 ·
Yes this are all mods on it.
Our arm spacer and brakes actually DO WORK!!! Of course also Bilsteins are perfect.

I have stripped out back interior (-40kg with lighter wheel weight on balance) but compare to 125kg weight driver - is that worst then back interior and normal 80kg driver - due to better balance front/rear.

So yes...only this three mods and new steering wheel. :)

I told you our parts actually works and aren't just one more on the market. ;)

#24 ·
Really does corner well Fisher, I love how well it carries momentum!

There's a part in the vid where you brake hard down from 120-130 (maybe more) and turn in and it just starts to gently drift sojust a little correction and it's straight into the apex and gone! :thumbup1:

Yes this are all mods on it.
Our arm spacer and brakes actually DO WORK!!! Of course also Bilsteins are perfect.

I have stripped out back interior (-40kg with lighter wheel weight on balance) but compare to 125kg weight driver - is that worst then back interior and normal 80kg driver - due to better balance front/rear.

So yes...only this three mods and new steering wheel. :)
Are they the B16 PSS9? Plus do they use linear + helper spring or are they progressively wound like the B14's?

I got down to 82kg but since going to the gym it's starting go back up...wtf? :lol: I'm still deciding what to do with the rear seats in mine, I think I would have to put the CAT back in the exhaust as with the seats down there is no charger whine anymore :(

I told you our parts actually works and aren't just one more on the market. ;)
I do trust you mate, just a matter of £££ for me (as in I have none lol) having done Bilsteins, brakes, rear arb and a 17% KMT recently I'm out of modding money sadly.

#25 ·
In saturday is a big day again. We have another track day-let's see how will car work. Didn't change on engine nothing yet-making complet engine to swap in some point. I weight up from the car aprox 3-4kg, but also gain few 0.1kg on me, so...not a big change. :))))))

The bigest difference will be stainless brake lines and new rear lighweight arms. Let see how they work on the track-on the road are very good. Even they are not so much uncomfortable as I was think they will be...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.