MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi boys,

I actually more or less finished my Blue racer project (of course 300% maintance will still be included and also few changes in interior maybe) and after hard working every mile in this 120000 km long period (the engine is still without problems) and huh heh maybe 5000+ km on the track he goes in his earned retirement.

No no I will still have it but it will be my daily drive car. All details you will get soon (suprise) about it. Also I must finished his tread in Project area here.

But just to start new one. Here is my new baby. If everything will be OK (finance) this will became my track tool.
Something more about the car:

- Racing british green 2003
- "wood" interior :eek:hmy::w00t:
- 55000 km - 34000miles
- like new never driven in winter
- never painted, crashed or something
- from one old 65years dad which it has it only for "sunday" driving

Shortly:
Almost new!!!:sifone:

For star I go to the track - road tyres to get some starting points. Actually I didn't drive so bad. 1:54.617 compared to blue racer which I have 1:47.7 my best.

Here is the vid::lurk5:
YouTube - MINI Cooper S Kavs Motorsport Ambroz Grobnik 1.54.617.mp4

And here it is:

Do you like it? Do you think will be nice story from here forward? :blush:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've start with these :
305x28 discs
BREMBO monoblock calipers

It's stoping like a train also pedal feeling is the best ever I drive MINI. WIN WIN combination

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For grip I've installed Bilstein B16 from the Blue one and our 17mm Arm spacers - to use 16inch wheels.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To control a car I install another steering wheel which I WON at last year competition on the series of 4 races on Grobnik track day.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tomorrow morning I go for align the wheels on the right setup.

I use as much camber as I can on my eibach camber plates.

TOE will hold on zero at front and back to see what will going on.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bad picture but anyway:

My rota's are on the car. She is so sweet now. :)
Tyres 195/50 16 Toyo R888 - not perfect but good price - mate has give them after run with his lotus. :)

·
Administrator
17,320 Posts
Subscribed, looking forward to watch it evolve... don't ever get rid of the wood, wood is good! :D

·
Bugger
25,320 Posts
yes one approves of wood, wood + BRG = epic win

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It was like new:

and we did this:

Does missing something in my head aren't? :) :) :)

And I can't go to the track without my door sticker:

·
Bugger
25,320 Posts
i bough a green car with one careful lady owner and there was moss in the back

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Our first serius track day is behind. Goal was testing our new brakes, not making a good time.

But anyway we've beat one guy who want's to be our competitor (from my opionion he isn't because he is too bad to be this :)) for more then 1second with worn toyo r888 (he was on slicks) and for 3 seconds with new federal. :)

Let you know I have total stock cooper S with 163HP and Bilstein + our brakes and arm spacers and he has highly modifed cooper S, but it looks like their pulley doesn't produce even as boost as OEM one because is shit and sliping - I don't have other explanation for such a bad time as this. If compare my weight driver to their is 40kg+ difference. One more second I have here. :)

So...yes what I wanna tell...our pars works perfect. Brake feeling is such a great thing now and they don't start fading even after 10 laps with stock brake lines.

Bilsteins works perfect. I've need only few laps to set up them and then they work will all tyres good. 17mm arm spacer has proved is OK for 16inch wheel, but we've must cut the bolt for few mm.
Also brakes works good with 16" rotas...

I've made up to 200 km. Problems = zero.

As always our package works perfect!

Pictures coming after friend of mine sends them to me.
My best time was 1:51.8 (unofficaly on the end of the day) officaly is 1:53.6 - with small and worn toyo's :)

1 - 20 of 144 Posts