MiniTorque.com banner

Graphite Grey R56 Cooper D

7K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  Dodgy Phil 
#1 ·
Here's our Cooper D, fitted some KW V1 coilovers the other week and just dropped on these 9x15 Schmidt TH lines. Need to get the heat gun on the arches at the weekend. Hopefully don't get too much hassle in the mean time!

See less See more
#4 ·
They haven't scraped anywhere yet apart from full lock. Just need tweaking out a bit on the crease line around the arch, to cover the tread pattern when viewed from above. The tyres are 195 so quite stretched on the 9" rim. What happened with that American company who were talking about a wide-arch kit for the R56?

#8 ·
This for a start ^^^

Haha I probably will put some tyres with larger sidewalls on in time, but I don't mind the roller skate look at the moment and they're what came with the wheels.
And thats the LAST thing you want to do if you dont want any clearance issues, you ideally want a thinner tyre with the same profile to give a bit more stretch, this will allow you to get the lows and the clearance.

A good metal file onto the lip of the plastic arch as well will help with clearance.

#9 ·
Yeah I will file/cut back the inner lip before pulling them. I'd of said going from 45 profile to 50 would just fill the arches that bit more as I can't really go any lower on these. I have to drive onto strips of wood to get the standard jack into the jacking points!
Like I said it hasn't scraped while driving yet but will have a play with the suspension at the weekend! :)

#19 ·
Haha mixed reviews! I can just about get 2 fingers under the front lip at the moment with the rubber strip removed. The next step is to remove that plastic jacking points and cut off the plastic lip on the front bib. Then we'll see about more lows. To be fair the suspension has settled some what over the last couple of days so is sitting a little lower.

As asked before, does anyone know about factory finish wide arch kits being available?

#23 ·
Found another today, so had to grab a picture.

Taking the wheels off today so I can have the rear of the front 2 machined down, raising the offset. Will be doing some cutting and playing with the plastics while they're off. Have you lot removed your jacking points? I inadvertently removed one using my driveway, now I think I should remove the rest. Any tips for taking them off without the use of the ground? Should I be putting grommets in the holes?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.