MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well these three photos are spreading quickly, what do people think?

I am hoping it looks better in the flesh because at the moment that grill and spoiler look awful. The side fins I can see working on the right car however those red accents on the front just look tacky. Rear bumper is very plain and looks like they have been lazy again by sticking with the JCW skirts rather than doing something different.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Don't like the arches, not massive on the wing either, all reeks a little of ramraiding Hafords having coated the car in glue so some crap will stick to it.... The face looks ever more fish like as well.....

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I don’t like it one bit. The extensions are horrific. They must have also cost a fortune to develop get the car uses stock JCW suspension? That budget would have been better spent on the chassis.

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts
Pic 2 is the best view imo, the others look even more like an unfinished project, but actually the best feature in this form is the wheel design/look, the rest is missing the aggressive look the rear spoiler has.

That ridiculous front strip just puts Night Rider in my head, someone's bound to make a strip light mod for it haha, who on here would be the first?

·
Super Moderator
14,679 Posts
Saw it earlier too. There's always been something on each GP that I haven't liked, and on this one there are a few things!

Sadly Mini will always lean towards catering to the slightly wealthier "stickers" crowd rather than those who actually give a shit about track performance. Has anyone seen the value of late 2000's Renault R26Rs?!

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
The red bumper is ham fisted to say the least. I don't mind the rear spoiler, but again without the red please. The mirrors are possibly large enough for a HGV? I'd be interested to see one with colour coded arches as I don't mind them on the camo version, however they stand out like a very cheap addition in black plastic.

I dunno. I'm not sold at all. Nothing about it screams, 'performance model'.

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,387 Posts
Citroen cactus is the only other car with more black plastic on the sides, and actually looks a more cohesive design.
Based on previous minis I'm sure this trim will fade and look awfull in 10 years time, could have looked so much better as a flared wheel arch if it's main aim was to allow a wider track.

I would love to know the actual aero benefit of all this tat, at or below uk speed limits, or indeed on a regular uk trackday,

·
Registered
170 Posts
There’s very little I like about it. This could of been so much more. They could of designed some different front / rear bumpers and sideskirts to made it special, like the GP1 had. All the kit looks too similar to the JCW in my opinion. I don’t think the arches work with it. All looks too plasticky. This one doesn’t have the wow factor that the GP1 and GP2 have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I never did like the mk3 mini but always liked the mini gps personally I think they are the best looking of all the minis but dear oh dear what have they done to the mk3 gp it looks horrendous 👎 🤮 Dear oh dear what a shambles 🤷‍♂️

·
Administrator
17,306 Posts
I have one coming and I can't wait to start modding it but I want it looking more like the concept so will spend some $$$ on that plus making it a more TA spec. Mostly I'm just happy it will have a reliable 300+bhp as in previous iterations that's been the biggest battle, reliable power. So there's that.. Making it stop and handle is easy.

This mixed with challenge car and I'll be happy....

1570660542604.png
1570660561755.png
1570660586190.png

·
Administrator
17,306 Posts
Colour coding the plastic will help, but if it were my car I would be exploring ways of removing the front wings and replacing with something more aesthetically pleasing to the eye
Fore sure... I'm wondering if some challenge parts might improve things.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Im unsure on it, some angles I like, some angles I dont.
No matter what though, owners will be forever explaining to people its not a Max Power/Halfords special to none offiscionardos.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts