MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am selling my GP replica wing and end plates w/ fixing kit.

It is actually Loz (LG Trimming)'s old GP spoiler. The wing is the first replica wing to ever be sold after development and prototypes. A long time before they were mass produced by Orranje and Challenge R. It got called the 'JP wing'. Here's the original post from Aussie77 (manufacturer) from when Loz got the wing (post #28): http://www.minitorque.com/forum/f845/jp-wing-14698/index3.html

One thing to note is the wing I have isn't like the one fitted on the black R56 (post #29) below Loz's silver R53. That particular wing exposes screws on the end plates. Mine doesn't and looks much cleaner, like the original GP spoiler. The only aesthetic difference to the genuine MINI GP wing are the lack of the fussy triangles embossed on the end plates. Which I prefer.

I've ran it on my car for the last year, I'm slowly parting the car out to sell and need a chunk of money so this has to go. I do love it.

The end plates are gloss black, the wing is gloss black but wrapped in matt black, Loz had it like this so it was like this when I got it. I intended to pull the matt black off and have the wing all gloss black but I ended up really liking the matt black. Apparently the gloss under the wrap is in great condition. I'll include the specific fixing nuts and include spares. Only takes 15-20 mins to fit.

Here are a couple of pictures of it fitted:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/10228200286/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/10228202675/

If anyone is interested I'll be happy to take more photos.

£170 posted or £160 collected from Teesside.

This really is a bargain considering a wing from Orranje is £275 UNPAINTED. I'm only after £185.

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You beat me down and paid £140???

In truth this spoiler is worth about £50, as I've said before, it is shit.
Yeah I paid £140 about a year ago. I'm asking slightly more as I think it's worth more and I feel there's more demand for them now. It's not shit at all. I've had it on my car for a year and loved it. I'm only selling as I need the cash and am starting to split the car.

There's no way in hell it's worth £50. You're having a go at me for asking a bit more than I paid where as you're now saying you charged me about 3 times what you thought it was worth. Not cool. Also I'm sure you remember you fucked me over after I'd paid for it. I won't go into that, I don't want to ruin your reputation on here.

Not that it is worth £50. I've been completely honest with my advert. There's no way this spoiler is 'shit'. If you want a genuine one, get a bank loan, if you want an Orranje one, fork out £275 before it's even painted.

There was no point in commenting really Loz. I don't see your logic other than trying to make it harder for me to sell something.

Please only comment or PM if you are interested in buying the spoiler.

·
Banned
1,864 Posts
As i was reading the advert i was 100% interested until i read that you paid £35 less than you intend to sell it for to fellow MTer's??? Thats not cool mate.

If you decide to lower your price PM me as i will be interested

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
Last time I take pity on someone who begs me to drop my price.

The spoiler is held together with double-sided tape, needed a lot of work before I even fitted it. Nothing compared to the finesse of the Oranje wing.
The spoiler is awful, why do you think only a handful where made.

"Also I'm sure you remember you fucked me over after I'd paid for it. I won't go into that, I don't want to ruin your reputation on here."

^ Please explain? I damaged the spoiler trying to remove the double-sided tape (trying to do you a favour). I told you about this imidiantly, and touched up the ends. My reputation is bomb proof for a good reason, I'm honest.

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just going to say the mk1 orranje spoiler was made before this. The orranje one comes ready to fit

However it's not a terrible price for a GRP rep
Didn't actually know that. I thought this was before Orranje started making them. Cheers for the info mate.

Last time I take pity on someone who begs me to drop my price.

The spoiler is held together with double-sided tape, needed a lot of work before I even fitted it. Nothing compared to the finesse of the Oranje wing.
The spoiler is awful, why do you think only a handful where made.
Loz it's as simple as this, I made you an offer for less than you asked for an in the end you took the money. I don't see how that's my fault.

The spoiler isn't held together with double sided tape. It was when I got it, I didn't like the way it was so got it glued, and it looks very neat.

And as I said, no the standard isn't as high as the G Wing but neither is the price.

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Also I'm sure you remember you fucked me over after I'd paid for it. I won't go into that, I don't want to ruin your reputation on here."

^ Please explain? I damaged the spoiler trying to remove the double-sided tape (trying to do you a favour). I told you about this imidiantly, and touched up the ends. My reputation is bomb proof for a good reason, I'm honest.
By that, I mean you agreed a price with me, slightly damaged the paint and then wouldn't lower the price we agreed before the imperfection. Your reason was that you couldn't let it go for any less as it was worth more than what I was paying for it. Not £50.

As I said, please don't comment if you aren't interested in buying.

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
Hardly 'fucking you over'. Fucking you over would be damaging the wing, sending it and not telling you.

Your trying to make money from good people on the forum.

Don't ever question my reputation again.

·
Premium Member
10,904 Posts
Obviously. Lawrence I love you but you got your money for it and it doesn't matter what olley sells it for.

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't ever question my reputation again.
I never did question your reputation. I know you have a fantastic reputation. For a good reason, your work looks spot on.

I never questioned it. I said I wouldn't say what you did as I didn't want to damage the good reputation you have.

Please only comment if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Saying its not cool for Loz selling you a spoiler for £140, Sell yourself for £185??

It wasn't the price I wasn't cool with, it was that the price agreed was for the wing before imperfections, then the price didn't change with the slight imperfections.

Not the price at all. I was MORE THAN HAPPY to pay £140 for it. I wouldn't have bought it if I wasn't.

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If he gave Loz a sob story about being poor then it takes the piss a bit. People do you favours, you have to question if its morally correct to make money off a favour.
Wasn't a sob story, as I said, I offered Loz £140, he originally said no but came back to me saying he would take it.

If Loz truly believed this spoiler was worth £50, wasn't much of a favour was it. I'm just lucky I got the spoiler at a decent price as IMO it's a good bit of kit.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts