MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
duno about him but i reakon on the right cars it looks fucking awsome mate, should sell well too as before i came on here which was a good year and abit after owning minis i was looking for a GP spoiler! Now iv realised it wouldnt suit a one

·
Bugger
25,321 Posts
Richard is just upset as he spent 1.5k on the real one to make his GreyP

·
Super Moderator
14,679 Posts
duno about him but i reakon on the right cars it looks fucking awsome mate, should sell well too as before i came on here which was a good year and abit after owning minis i was looking for a GP spoiler! Now iv realised it would suit a one
Dear God no.

Especially not until it's lowered.

·
Bugger
25,321 Posts
for once i agree with Rich,

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts
Should be wacking one of these one mine at some stage, is it worth making one aussie as RKDE is doing them soon

·
Chop it
3,791 Posts
I would be interested to see what you are making the sides from. I didn't realise that the sides where made from aluminium and carbon structure, I know that due to the forces applied that plastic and GRP is not up to the job and I have had to have them made from an alloy too.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Should be wacking one of these one mine at some stage, is it worth making one aussie as RKDE is doing them soon
How are you funding this dream?

Surely it would have been cheaper to sell and buy a Cooper S to play with?

·
Bugger
25,321 Posts
i think mikey is talking about getting one of Richards ones for his car,

modding minis isnt about logic and making money sense, i have no plans of up grading to a cooper S but sticking an S engine in my coop, cheaper road tax and insurance so it will pay for its self in a year

for a lot of us on here our minis are not our daily drivers so we dont mind spending too much money on silly things as there projects for us, i know myself, RKDE, mikey and a good few others fall into this catagory

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts
Exactly right James, one has the KIA of win or the Capri as a daily

it's having a full respray in Audi rs blue next year too lol

·
Registered
1,094 Posts

modding minis isnt about logic and making money sense, i have no plans of up grading to a cooper S but sticking an S engine in my coop, cheaper road tax and insurance so it will pay for its self in a year

for a lot of us on here our minis are not our daily drivers so we dont mind spending too much money on silly things as there projects for us, i know myself, RKDE, mikey and a good few others fall into this catagory
Fair point!

I'm actually running 3 cars at the moment but I like the cushy warranty life too much!

·
Bugger
25,321 Posts
its horses for courses, my mini will be pulled apart a lot over the years as i like to fiddle and meddle and do stuff up, looking at getting a cayman S or a rangie as my daily next year when im done at uni as they dont really need modded but i will work on all my own cars as much as i can, i used to be a warranty lover but then i relazied its not scray to do your own work

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

why would it be cheaper insurance? And how much cheaper? As surely its still a cooper s once the engine is in

1 - 20 of 138 Posts