MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bugger
25,329 Posts
As they are better than all aftermarket intercoolers, they will always retain value, I think around the 800-1000 mark nowadays!

crazy money
Better is a relative term... They recover faster, then again the stock IC recovers even faster so by that merit its better than the GP IC.

Overall, all things considered; fitting, warranty support, quality of build, price, and performance. The GRS is still king.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
GP, recovery is better than OEM which is something from my own perspective having bounced back and forth from one to the other appears to be the case, and stays cooler for significantly longer then the OEM too.

The only thing that might be comparable is a Chargecooler I suspect, and one that definitely would, is if it were based on a GP core which is something I'm looking at.

The others are just cheaper alternatives, the GRS Motorsport as said above is very popular, and the new Pro Alloy top mount looks interesting, but the GP just works, without the gamble. A little more money, but considering the money spent on average parts for these cars by many, it's a drop in the ocean.

Fwiw a DDM works diverter on it, (or a better made one made from something else) works too, sealing better to the bonnet. The Atomspeed doesn't appear to help so mine will be for sale soon. (the DDM broke so that is being re-made).

·
Registered
435 Posts
Somone on Club53 put all the intercoolers up against one and other the results where very intresting.

Personally I found my GRS once heatsoaked on the road took ages to cool back down, but ,my Airtec takes no time at all.

I did read on the Club53 testing that the Airtec loses 2psi of boost (no clue if this is true if it does where the fuck it goes who knows)

Personally unless your got £1100 burning a hole in your pocket Buy either a Airtec or Pro Alloy.

Downside to proalloy is the fitting of it.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,550 Posts
Helped fit a GRS to Pete's car recently and was really impressed with no only the fit n finish, but also the weight (or lack of). If I needed an intercooler that's where my money would go

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
If it's the motorsport version and cheap, undamaged, I'll possibly give it a go to compare it myself.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Cheeky little post here to say I will soon have a top mount GRS intercooler for sale with under bonnet diverter if anyones thinking of getting one. Will get photos and a proper post up over the weekend.
Hi Tweedbean - yes very interested over here. Please shoot me a PM if you decide to sell - thank!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts