MiniTorque.com banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Have you verified the flywheel has the crankshaft locking pin hole? A few aftermarket flywheels don't have it, making timing very difficult to adjust.
Good question - hadn’t thought of that in all honesty. Is the 7th hole around the middle it or is it on the outer edge?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good question - hadn’t thought of that in all honesty. Is the 7th hole around the middle it or is it on the outer edge?
Here's an '07 flywheel --- arrow marks the spot. Other three holes????

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
BiggRed finished the calipers, made up with how they look - just need the rears done to match now :ROFLMAO:

Should hopefully get the clutch job done in the next few weeks then it’s ‘finished’ again :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,645 Posts
some 11mm spacers and 215/45's or 225/45's and those will sit much better, maybe 16mm up front with 225 but clearance may be ok, these cars should have come with 215/45 out of the factory really, they fit the arch much better on 53's or 56's imo.

very yellow calipers, doing the rears the same?

Reactions: Chrispy

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
some 11mm spacers and 215/45's or 225/45's and those will sit much better, maybe 16mm up front with 225 but clearance may be ok, these cars should have come with 215/45 out of the factory really, they fit the arch much better on 53's or 56's imo.

very yellow calipers, doing the rears the same?
Will get the rears painted some time after i've picked myself up off the floor with the spend in the last couple of months - still reeling at totting up the clutch/flywheel job and that's not even finished yet!!

Tempted to put the Cup2s back on as the winters have been a bit shit so far and offer no real grip so fancy my chances considering how mild it's been so far...

·
Premium Member
4,645 Posts
Up until last April I'd run Federal 595 RS-R's all year round for years, just backing off anywhere near standing water but everywhere else if dry or damp they worked, not so clever in snow, but most weather most of the time they were easy to manage so if you're inclined to change to summers you might find the same but to be fair the 595's were very sticky and treadwear 140. Cup 2's I think would be similar maybe? Have you had the clutch fitted then?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
My brothers been running Avon ZZRs in his lotus and that’s got more grip in this shit weather than my Conti winters :rolleyes:
Might put them on at the weekend and see how I get on until we get some real shit weather.

clutch scheduled for 6th February I think - hoped I’d save money doing all the jobs at once but I’m regretting it after being about £3k in total:oops::oops:

·
Registered
48 Posts
BiggRed finished the calipers, made up with how they look - just need the rears done to match now :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 98585
View attachment 98586
Should hopefully get the clutch job done in the next few weeks then it’s ‘finished’ again :rolleyes:
looks amazing!! love the colour combo!!.. are these just the standard JCW calipers that were refurbished?

81 - 94 of 94 Posts