MiniTorque.com banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Looks cracking, I've been on a few meets with the Rs OC, the NB's are sooo nice looking when the Sun or daylight catches the sparkle in the Blue, does the Kite Blue have a metallic sparkle through it, nice floor, I put black stripes on mine

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
It does indeed have a proper metallic sparkle to it - really hard to find any pictures that catch it but it really is nice!

I noticed on the configurator photos that the colour looks dogshit, but you see them in person and the colour is 1000x better and it really changes in every light/angle and weather. Will try to grab a picture sometime that shows how metallic it really is soon!

·
Registered
144 Posts
JCW bumpers really transform the look of any Mini tbh! If you can find one of the few remaining Kite Blue JCW's you're on to a winner
Looking good mate:thumbup1: I’ve put a deposit down on a 13 plate cooper s with a JCW sport kit in silver white :thumbup:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey, no its not as impractical as you would think as its a small footprint in terms of space and how it fits.

Seats go up down as normal and are no different, if needed its just 2 bolts to take the bar out and leave the mounts in and takes 20 seconds to remove :)

@ chrispy - looking good, just need to get it painted now :thumbup1:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Bit of an update...
First foray onto track in this one - car was very good indeed, standard brakes held up surprisingly well all day despite a slightly longer pedal.

All the centre caps flew off after the first few laps, and the front corner of the GP undertray kept popping out so it's noticeably lower in some of the pictures :laugh:

Ordered new discs, Brembo HP2000's and ATE Typ200 for a brake refresh afterwards, braking performance is much improved on the front end now but haven't pushed it to track use just yet.

All funds and attention have been diverted to a new house lately though, and slowly getting the man cave up to scratch! Epoxy Resin floor painted on, struggling between plasterboard or just painting the walls in the future

End of warranty check at Mini pulled up play in my front top mounts so I can now justify adjustable ones, ordered KW ones from a lesser known place that advertise on facebook and they've been a shower of shit. Nearly a month since I first sent the money and a good few days between getting any response to emails, to be told they've been sat at a FedEx depot for a few days. Nice to be kept in the loop that they'd even been despatched!
Where were they from out of interest mate?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Finally some progress...
I saw Orranje had developed a downpipe with Scorpion and it was reasonably priced so I thought i'd take a punt.
So now i've got all the parts I want before i book a Manic stage 1, hopefully see some nice figures to tie it all in to a nice package.

Fitting was a hell of a lot easier now I've had practice putting the Akrapovic on and off my GP (removal in a Mini car park and pretty much throwing it back together!)
2 hours start to test drive, and overall pretty happy with it. Sounds ace when giving it the beans but almost standard in normal conditions.

Still trying to find it in me to commit to Ohlins top mounts as mine are deteriorating now, noticing more R56 top mounts wobbling on the bearing when removing now that it's almost standard on them all!

Coilovers fitted to my dad's daily too, V2's paired with ST 50N/mm springs and Clubsport top mounts - looking forward to getting this aligned up! Ride height still to be determined.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Well jel of your garage. Mines as big but no wear nears as clean and tidy.
Haha thanks! It's all i've wanted from my own house, tried to get my dad to do all this while I still lived at home but he was never keen - soon changed his mind when he saw this one finished!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Also, garage is now finished - painting took 5 evenings after work but has transformed the look
Looks great, congratz! By the way which pole position do you have? Worth the price? People can get on back seats?
Which oil are you using? I'm using at the moment Liqui Moly Moligen 5w40 but I'm considering to change to Motul 300v 5w40, any advice?

Thanks

41 - 60 of 94 Posts