MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The less said about the GP the better, but I'm an idiot and keep coming back to Mini's!

The hunt began for a GP to replace the GP, that proved difficult so settled for a JCW that stands out a tad!
This one was on the Mini used site, a quick phonecall later and I had a deposit on it and that was that!

8,000 miles, Kite Blue (apparently 1 of 9!), sunroof, lounge leather, heated screen, darklines - that's about it! I like having a more basic spec ala GP.

Dealer photos

Photos on my drive to show the colour differences

Boxing Day clean (perfect use of the day)

Needs the seats fitting, alignment sorting, lighter wheels and sticky tyres before it'll be comparable to the GP but overall I'm pretty chuffed with it!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really really really like kite blue but I am curious about what happened with the GP2 as I'm sure everyone else is going to ask the same but no worries if it's a sore subject
:lol: I was insured with Admiral and now know first hand why people say they’re terrible!
I was a third party in an accident, the damage was spoiler, windows and rear quarter so nothing structural - the ‘approved’ repairer managed to fuck up everything to the point they bought the car off me.

May-December last year in hire cars was not fun! Every time I got the GP back, I’d find more problems so off it went again - it went to a main dealer by my request for them to try and fix it in the end and that’s when we got to admiral pulling the plug and an arrangement was made to buy me out of it.

No surprises here - i’m not a customer with admiral any more...

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Ah I see, what a nightmare!

On a positive note, the new car looks mega, and will be awesome with all the plans / parts you have lined up.
I'm still kicking myself for selling your old blue r53. My situation has changed quite dramatically since January so keeping that car wouldn't have made any reall difference to me but hindsight is a wonderful thing hey ha.

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
:lol: I was insured with Admiral and now know first hand why people say they’re terrible!
I was a third party in an accident, the damage was spoiler, windows and rear quarter so nothing structural - the ‘approved’ repairer managed to fuck up everything to the point they bought the car off me.

May-December last year in hire cars was not fun! Every time I got the GP back, I’d find more problems so off it went again - it went to a main dealer by my request for them to try and fix it in the end and that’s when we got to admiral pulling the plug and an arrangement was made to buy me out of it.

Thought I was having fun with another insurers “approved/own” body shop 3rd attempt at doing a half decent job, including repainting the bonnet that was damaged when it went in for repairs ��

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah I see, what a nightmare!

On a positive note, the new car looks mega, and will be awesome with all the plans / parts you have lined up.
I'm still kicking myself for selling your old blue r53. My situation has changed quite dramatically since January so keeping that car wouldn't have made any reall difference to me but hindsight is a wonderful thing hey ha.
Was a huge pain in the ass for most of 2017! Oh well - will make this one better and stay positive! :lol:
I kick myself for selling it! :( where did it end up?

Thought I was having fun with another insurers “approved/own” body shop 3rd attempt at doing a half decent job, including repainting the bonnet that was damaged when it went in for repairs ?
Funnily enough they didn’t want to accept that if aired all my concerns about their repairer before it even went in - 7 months later and “I told you so” was the best I could come up with!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
( I kick myself for selling it! where did it end up? )

I hear it got a really good kite blue paint job
Heh oh you ;) This will be better than all my others (I say that about every car)

Wow, what an amazing colour
Thanks, it really stands out.
I need to get it next to a Nitrous Blue RS and see how similar they are....

·
Registered
211 Posts
That is a fantastic colour! What wheels are you going for?

They were great with me when someone crashed in to my parked car....then tried to rip me off when I replaced it and went to insure with them again. Safe to say I'm no longer insured with them either.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is a fantastic colour! What wheels are you going for?

They were great with me when someone crashed in to my parked car....then tried to rip me off when I replaced it and went to insure with them again. Safe to say I'm no longer insured with them either.
The hobo in me is going to try the GP wheels as they're at home and a 7.5" rim that doesn't weigh too much.
I do keep looking at ATS DTC's though so may sell the GP rims and fit some of those....

Admiral tried the same thing on me too, despite it being non fault and ncb unaffected - they wanted more than triple what I'd paid the year before and couldn't come close to their competitors.
Having seen how they deal with claims and complaints, I'm not going near them ever again and will discourage anyone I can from using them!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update time!

Stripes are gone

Ultragauge from Ben at Shift.co

One Pole Position in - Recaro adapter used on OEM runners, a tad high but the support from the seat kinda outweighs the position.

Kill All Wipers delete plug fitted - much tidier back end now!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Has your car recently been at lohen? I'm certain I saw one just like it in their garage last Friday.

Also about the recaro adapter. I had the same issue. The seating position was just way too high for me. So I ditched the runners, adapters and recaro side mounts. And replaced them with floor and sidemounts from VAC Motorsports. I'm now sitting nice and low. The lateral support has also improved... Cannot feel any flex.

Good call removing the stripes!!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts