MiniTorque.com banner
180K views 1K replies 120 participants last post by  Daveke 
#1 ·
Thought i better actually start a project thread.

My car was purchased in November last year from Halliwell Jones Mini in Southport, was the closest one to me with low mileage. So off on the train with my mate and i soon became the owner on Mini GP -1854

Second day after getting it my KW lowering springs were fitted and the car was starting to look how i wanted it.

Since i've had the car its been getting slowly modded;
My plans were
New seats (recaro's giving me back problems)
Harnesses to go with seats
Spacers, to get the low and fat look!
Manifold and de-cat
Engine tuning
Head unit

I've managed to carry out most of the work since i've had the car bar my engine tuning. Head unit i had from my last car, so was fitted when i got home. There was still too much of an arch gap so the springs have now been replaced for coilovers. As im not wanting to chuck too much money into the car i decided to go with AP coilovers for the GP, as they are essentially KW's. And i dont mind greasing them up once a month or so!

Coilovers should hopefully arrive this afternoon and i can get cracking and have them fitted!

PHOTOOOOSSSSSS

Thats it for Spicy just now. . . :thumbup1:

See less See more
#5 ·
Coilovers fitted and car is now slammed!!! All bugs worked out (i think) so proper drive later to double check. Tis looking epic and pics to follow.

Also removed those wee mud flaps on the front bumper as they scuffed everything!

Car has had a full detail and coated with Nanolex too! I been a busy boy haha :D

#12 ·
Im not sure how low exactly, will measure tomorrow!

As for rubbing issues, yes lol! I had 15mm spacers on, so had to reduce it back to 10mm to stop the rears rubbing and the fronts are ok. Could now probably drop it a bit further, but its pretty drivable and copes ok with speedbumps so . . . may just leave as is.

And R99, Cheers dude!!! :thumbup1:

#20 ·
my gp had kw springs on it, makes it look so much better and that more aggressive look.
Engine tuning i had on my gp was.
Janspeed manfoild + decat (made it sound like a race car, awesome)
1320 newman camshaft
1320 remap
itg filter inside the jcw airbox.

The camshaft+ remap made a huge difference in performance.
Defo recommend getting these mods i had, turns the gp into a beast. My car made 240bhp.
I had a fx400, and the breaks uprated aswell but they were just add on's after.

#28 · (Edited)
Well, been a busy day on GP Island for Wee Spicy!

First job of the day was to put a factory standard sticker back on, my scoop was just plain black without the GP. So a new one was bought from BMW at the joyous price of £26 and fitted. Nice difference me thinks!!!
Before

After

Question; What does a non drinking, analy retentive, detailer thats 22 do on a saturday night after working?
Answer; Whip out the machine polisher and get to work! Hahaha

Before Polishing, all taped and ready to go . . .

hard at work

Shinnnneeeyyyyyyyyyy shineeeee

Moving onto the door, polish applied

Door done

Scratch fail :(

Up yours scratch!!!

hand finishing to get best result

Sorry, did someone say scratch? WHERE?! :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.