MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have four genuine R112 wheels which just been powder coated gunmetal grey metallic.
These haven't been on a car since refurbishment as my mechanic pal is the slowest in the world and my JCW's been sat at his garage since Xmas :mad:
I am only selling as my youngest son kindly bought me a set of OZ Formula with Yokohama AD008RS tyres as a thank you gift 馃榿
I'm looking for 拢750, but would happily do a deal with a R53 cage or some as new bucket seats, adjustable top mounts etc.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They all look like this one 馃槀
No comparison between new and refurbished??
Well they are as new with a better finish at less than half the price so I would say that鈥檚 a very good comparison!
If I have my new wheels powder coated a different colour, does that make them any less valuable?
And why do people feel the need to comment in a negative manner on an item they have no interest in buying?
If anyone is genuinely interested please pm me for more pics if needed or any other questions.
86F7A3BA-47AD-40AE-BF66-72D3BADEFC98.jpeg

Registered
They all look like this one 馃槀
No comparison between new and refurbished??
Well they are as new with a better finish at less than half the price so I would say that鈥檚 a very good comparison!
If I have my new wheels powder coated a different colour, does that make them any less valuable?
And why do people feel the need to comment in a negative manner on an item they have no interest in buying?
If anyone is genuinely interested please pm me for more pics if needed or any other questions.
View attachment 104296
I wasn鈥檛 trying to be offensive, I鈥檓 basing it on a set of wheels I have for sale with tyres that were used for less than 2k miles, so are like new, but aren鈥檛 new. Can鈥檛 get 拢500 for them, the alloys or tyres alone are worth close to that, yet alone both.

Good luck with the sale, hope I鈥檓 wrong.

Premium Member
they are dear 'new' and 'individually', but not the same sold in dealer sets you should know, as linked, that's just a replacement cost, the sets were also always discounted anyway and also came with brand new SP01 RFT's and with JCW caps, valves, and balanced ready to fit. I bought two sets like this, sold the tyres back to their service department馃榿

one has to consider other light wheels about also, I just missed a new set of ATS DTC? delivered for under 拢400, took too long thinking, nice branded wheel not shite like some multi-fit stuff

just sayin'

pics always help, for used wheels I'd prefer an opportunity to actually see them spun on a balancer with zero run out, or even balance the rim on its own and see what weight they take, and if I can see or find out if rims have either been filled (common and crap), machined, welded, or if they were alloy built up and re-turned for kerb damage, I might pay more or less for them, trouble is sellers sometimes don't know or wouldn't say.... or of course if they're genuine in which case there'll be both black and silver version part numbers on the back and 7x17 et48 etc. ;O)

hope they go, if finished well these are a nice wheel, I don't think the comments are negative really, if you think the value is there, hold out for it (y)

Reactions: KeithyCoop

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They are genuine and sizes are 7JX17 ET:48 I can dig out pics of before they were powder coated to show they had no damage apart from paint bubbling and the odd scratch. They were going on my jcw and I鈥檇 definitely not put some bodged up shite on it as that鈥檚 not how I roll and they wouldn鈥檛 roll right 馃槢

Registered
they are dear 'new' and 'individually', but not the same sold in dealer sets you should know, as linked, that's just a replacement cost, the sets were also always discounted anyway and also came with brand new SP01 RFT's and with JCW caps, valves, and balanced ready to fit. I bought two sets like this, sold the tyres back to their service department馃榿

one has to consider other light wheels about also, I just missed a new set of ATS DTC? delivered for under 拢400, took too long thinking, nice branded wheel not shite like some multi-fit stuff

just sayin'

pics always help, for used wheels I'd prefer an opportunity to actually see them spun on a balancer with zero run out, or even balance the rim on its own and see what weight they take, and if I can see or find out if rims have either been filled (common and crap), machined, welded, or if they were alloy built up and re-turned for kerb damage, I might pay more or less for them, trouble is sellers sometimes don't know or wouldn't say.... or of course if they're genuine in which case there'll be both black and silver version part numbers on the back and 7x17 et48 etc. ;O)

hope they go, if finished well these are a nice wheel, I don't think the comments are negative really, if you think the value is there, hold out for it (y)
Thank you, they were advisory, that was all. The points you have made are all very true.

Premium Member
They are genuine and sizes are 7JX17 ET:48 I can dig out pics of before they were powder coated to show they had no damage apart from paint bubbling and the odd scratch. They were going on my jcw and I鈥檇 definitely not put some bodged up shite on it as that鈥檚 not how I roll and they wouldn鈥檛 roll right 馃槢
that's definitely going to help I think, I know not everyone thinks about pre refurb condition but some are nasty that's a fact, I've seen lumps of filler fly off newly coated rims during tyre fitment and it's pretty dangerous not to mention what it conceals on some jobs, and some interesting shapes, and more interesting welding haha, also some rather lumpy coating, including coating of the hub flange which is a no, most though, do 'look' pretty good, images don't show it all but have to be a good starting point if you have them anyway imo.

I dare say I could use them on something but the above says I couldn't justify it myself, they seem a good colour so hope they go (y)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts